A Dog Just Rushed At Me And My Lab

Guest Maeby Fünke

I wouldn't think the fact that he knows where Poppy lives now will make much difference when she's in season. If he's lose he'd probably be able to find her anyway.

Was he actually being aggressive? It's hard to tell from what you've said. If he was i would probably report it to the ranger.

If he was just following you maybe try talking to the owners? Depending on what they are like, maybe be careful about mentioning that you will have an entire girl, it could be risky if the wrong people knew that and maybe tried to steal her.

Yes he was. He ran at us and repeatedly jumped up at me to get to Poppy. And he was all over her all the way home but not in a friendly way. He was silent the whole time but very intense and very intimidating. I'm still a bit shocked so I'm probably not explaining it very well (sorry) :)

I would confirm the address where the dog ran out from then make a report to council. Dogs are not allowed to run out at people on the street and the council should follow that up with the owners with a warning to keep the dog in at least.

In Vic it is against the law to have a dog loose out the front.

the laws state all dogs must be either contained in a backyard behind fencing, if out the front they MUST be on Leash at all times

So yes call the Ranger :)

I have our bylaws ph no in my mobile

Guest Labradork

Thanks so much for your replies :)

The ranger knows me pretty well because I have helped return three stray dogs in the past few months. So I think he will be supportive.

OT

My sister's Pug is now sound asleep in his bed. He has so many stitches on his head and neck that my vet and I called him Frankenpuggie :laugh:

Edited by Labradork

Thanks so much for your replies :)

The ranger knows me pretty well because I have helped return three stray dogs in the past few months. So I think he will be supportive.

OT

My sister's Pug is now sound asleep in his bed. He has so many stitches on his head and neck that my vet and I called him Frankenpuggie :laugh:

Good to hear he's having a nice snooze :)

Guest Labradork

My vet is fantastic and I have a very experienced Naturopath who I have known for 20+ years. Just waiting on the test results now to see what grade of cancer.

Frankenpuggie will be going on an organic diet as of tomorrow with lots of special natural medicines to help heal his body. I bawled my eyes out when I found out he had cancer :cry:

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

Poor you. You are having a bad day. :hug: Hope little puggsly is fine, sending lots of good vibes your way.

Going to bed now. I'm stuffed.

Guest Labradork

Poor you. You are having a bad day. :hug: Hope little puggsly is fine, sending lots of good vibes your way.

Oops. Double post.

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

Oh sh*t. Triple post :o

Edited by Labradork

I got rushed last night by 2 labs who pulled their 70 yr old owner over, he let go of the leads.

The female is aggro, i tried with 3 onlead dogs to get between them until the guy got up and grabbed them.

I then tried as nicely as i could to explain that perhaps trying to hold 2 very large labs ( he said they were 56, and 47 kgs!), on flat collars was not a good idea.

His response was that they were just excitable, and wouldn't do any harm ( male is dominat, mounts other dogs, female has a go at anything in range), that they have just moved from acerage so they are not used to other dogs.

I had just watched him earlier with both offlead rush a BC, he grabbed the female who was having a go ,but then couldn't get the boy as it wouldn't leave the BC alone, and he couldn't get close with the female kicking off to grab him, bloody chaos!

I am surrounded by idiots :laugh:

I then went home and my dally puked all over my persian rug, and my kids smashed the microwave plate, not a great day :laugh:

A 56kg lab???

Surely that is animal cruelty.

Labradork- well done to you for managing to pick up your 17kg puppy! I have to say from your description, the bulldog didn't seem healthy enough to seriously harm your dog.

I also get annoyed when aggressive dogs (and they are usually all little ones in my area) are unrestrained in their front yard.

My poor dog has actually had her legs bitten by small dogs, she is very passive and won't defend herself at all. Its very annoying though because now every time she sees a small dog, she rolls over in submission, which the owners think is hilarious.

Guest Labradork

Labradork- well done to you for managing to pick up your 17kg puppy! I have to say from your description, the bulldog didn't seem healthy enough to seriously harm your dog.

I also get annoyed when aggressive dogs (and they are usually all little ones in my area) are unrestrained in their front yard.

My poor dog has actually had her legs bitten by small dogs, she is very passive and won't defend herself at all. Its very annoying though because now every time she sees a small dog, she rolls over in submission, which the owners think is hilarious.

I probably could have carried her further but she is very energetic and she was squirming excitedly the whole time. She thought it was huge fun :laugh:

The ranger called me back and asked if he could come over and talk to me on Monday. He said they're dealing with a dangerous dog at the moment and they have their hands full. I don't think he wwas fobbing me off. He sounded pretty friendly.

Guest Labradork

And yeah...

Aggressive little white fluffies roaming (and sh*tting) all over the streets is one of my pet hates. No pun intended.