Canon Workshops

Staffyluv

I had the 400d for ages and loved it..

But played with and fell in love with the 7D, so bought it..

I am so under using it.. It can/ could do so much more than I am capable of..

So I was thinking of doing the packaged course that canon offer. It's not cheap, so I was wondering if anyone else had done it and if they thought it was worth it...

It runs for 3 hours, one night a week for 17 weeks..

It would also be a nice distraction (if its worth it) for me, as I am still so down a lot about losing Dan and then Ollie dog (a year ago)..

I think it would be good for me to meet new people and do something else, other than work...

Thanks in advance :)

It sounds great, I've never heard of it? Is it specific to the 7D? Do you have a link or other info.

The 7D is a lot of camera and you really have to study up to get the most out of it.

I think we should also have a 7D thread to share tips end tricks we have found to help us along the way.

I haven't done the Canon course but I have the 7D too and have found the best thing is just to play :) Having said that just before I got the 7D I did a one day photography course with Chris Bray at Perth zoo, it was great fun and really got me back into photography again. Do you have any camera clubs near you? You may find by joining one that you find a whole group of people to learn from :)

Do you know about POTN? another great resource for Canon folk, and also a lot of inspiration from some of the photos on there.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

I 2nd the camera club idea and POTN. Canon also has alot of online tutorials, and of course, you can always try asking questions here, a few of us have the 7D now. I realise the 3 suggestions dont solve your problem about getting you out and meeting people though. I'm sorry you are feeling so down. :(

Thanks all..

Link to canon workshops

The workshops look really interesting and it was also an opportunity for me to get out and meet more people.. Most of the people I know are all joint (married) friends of mine and Dans, so I sort of feel a bit like a fifth wheel, whenever we all get together..

None of them are really into dogs or photography (2 of my passions)... So I sort of want to expand the friend base and meet more people...

I think the workshops are a good way to do this and learn a lot more about this wonderful new camera..

The workshops can be broken down I to 4 different ones, the last one being more photoshop, which I thought was good...

I am really leaning towards doing it and the next one starts soon..

Thanks for the link to POTN, I will have a good look through it..

Edited by Staffyluv

• 1 month later...

I saw this and thought of you Staffyluv, just in case you hadn't booked yet :)

Canon Academy Gift Certificate – 10% OFF

Give an aspiring photographer a Canon Academy Gift Certificate for Christmas. Choose from face to face training, eLearning and workshops for all skill levels.

Book by 31 Dec 20123 to get an additional 10% OFF.

Enter code: CAXMAS10OFF when you book

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks CC.

I have put it off for a bit as I have so much going on in my life, I just can't commit to it 100% and I would hate to pay all that money and end up having to pull out.

It is definitely a goal to do something like that next year.

• 3 weeks later...

OK,, I am just about to sign up to do the full course - it goes for 17 weeks and costs $1300.. It better be worth it :laugh:

I have just spent about an hour on the Camera Chicks website looking at Kelly Moore bags and I seriously want them all..

I know I can't have them all but I really can't decide.

I like the Ju Ju or the Libby as bags to keep everything in.

But I also really like the 2 Sues and the Mimi.

I think I should wait and just keep using my Porteen Gear bag for now.

I must admit I am pretty excited about doing the course - it starts in February.

• 1 month later...

Just went to week 1 (of 4), 3 hours, 4 students, was really good. Great starting point.

I think so far I can recommend for beginners.

1 person had a Nikon but it didn't matter in the slightest.