The Bestest Dog

persephone

This is an homage to the bestest boy ... (if I can get this stuff out of my eyes to see properly)

he was a BCxCocker .. was my constant shadow..was my work dog ( pets as Therapy PR /assessment dog) and on holidays he would also enjoy working (not playing with) sheep, hunting goats & rabbits. He loved the cats , was such a happy boy when wandering along the yarra, sniffing the flowers, and at the end of his days , was a willing mentor/toy to his successor, Kieran ...

Not a day goes by that I don't think of him ..he was a special boy indeed.

post-1359-0-30394000-1352273115_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-11364400-1352273123_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-30394000-1352273115_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-04013600-1352273142_thumb.jpg

This is an homage to the bestest boy ... (if I can get this stuff out of my eyes to see properly)

he was a BCxCocker .. was my constant shadow..was my work dog ( pets as Therapy PR /assessment dog) and on holidays he would also enjoy working (not playing with) sheep, hunting goats & rabbits. He loved the cats , was such a happy boy when wandering along the yarra, sniffing the flowers, and at the end of his days , was a willing mentor/toy to his successor, Kieran ...

Not a day goes by that I don't think of him ..he was a special boy indeed.

post-1359-0-63489000-1352273250_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-54263100-1352273258_thumb.jpg

post-1359-0-22320200-1352273267_thumb.jpg

Thanks... he was certainly different .

For those who haven't heard the story ..

When I did P A T dogs.. we took donated dogs, held them in kennels , assessed them , and either returned them to owners/rehomed as pets or trained and placed with those needing a special dog.

So .. I read in the paper about the dog .. 2 yrs old .. blah blah ..lady moving.. Got an appointment to see him ..drove right across melbourne on a hot sunday .. to arrive at the front gate as another lady was leaving the house ..after buying Mitchell. !!!

:( I was not a happy camper ..but asked could I just have apeep anyway ...

:love: ZING .. I was in love ...

forward a couple of months ...phone rings .. lady explains she is having to get rid of her dog , and someone had said to phone me as he might be useful ....she was telling me all about him, and where she'd got him ..so I had to ask his name , didn't I ? yes , it was Mitchell!

So ..I collected him, tested him ..and although he was a bit worried about a couple of things ..took him.

In kennels he was fine .. but as time went on , he was showing a bit of anxiety and some fearfulness when out & about ... so I was faced with a decision ... that I didn't want to make !

One day, I went to go home .. found my car under a tree in the hot carpark ... I'd left windows down a bit .. and , sitting in the driver's seat, was Mitch!!

He had ,somehow squeezed out of a gap a chi would struggle through ..undone a lock on another gate ..found the carpark..and my car ..and managed to get inside !!!

What did I do ?

I cried, and drove us home!!

next morning ..I asked my boss if I could be more accurate in client assessments if I had a suitable dog with which to test their responses/handling skills ...

"Hmmm", yes , and for photographs " he says ..we'll have to find you a dog .

Of course, I saved him the trouble !!! :p

The landlord was not too hard to convince ..and so began our partnership. :)

yes, he was special.