Jim Crosby

Aphra

It would be wonderful if some enterprising council or state government department brought Jim Crosby over for some intensive professional development for rangers and police. Some good Australian evidence would make a difference to discussions about BSL. Jim Crosby's blog is really worth reading.

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/21/4246781/retired-florida-deputy-has-second.html

Jim Crosby has worked all of these cases as a canine crime scene investigator.

The retired Jacksonville sheriff's lieutenant relies on forensic tools such as bite molds and measurements, necropsy results and saline swabs. His goal: to determine why a dog mauled a person, and whether it should be rehabilitated or destroyed because of its behavior.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/21/4246781/retired-florida-deputy-has-second.html#storylink=cpy

http://canineaggression.blogspot.com.au/

I think I've accepted the fact that I am something of a criminal because my dog has no pedigree papers to say her broad head is acceptable under law. I've in large part come to this conclusion because of DOL. So many Pit Bull haters even amongst professed dog lovers the forum caters to. So many people here whose ideas on Pit Bull behaviour are coloured by media hysteria (people who you would think should really know better). If that's the response here, I don't see much hope for us at all in the wider community.

The simple fact that Pit Bulls are dogs, no more dangerous than any other of equivalent size and strength seems anathema to the community at large. We will continue to be marginalised and denied full membership to the dog owning mainstream, and I guess it's something we have just live with and work around as best we can.

I'd love to think that people would read intelligent discourse on the subject like Crosby's blog and be educated. But as in Galileo's day, the majority of people will brook no deviation from their misconceptions, no matter the evidence available, and any of us heretics who dare challenge the orthodox view will be treated as criminals.

It's amazing to me that the simple act of owning a dog with a broad head and very short fur makes me a civil dissident, but I don't have a choice in the matter.

I think I've accepted the fact that I am something of a criminal because my dog has no pedigree papers to say her broad head is acceptable under law. I've in large part come to this conclusion because of DOL. So many Pit Bull haters even amongst professed dog lovers the forum caters to. So many people here whose ideas on Pit Bull behaviour are coloured by media hysteria (people who you would think should really know better). If that's the response here, I don't see much hope for us at all in the wider community.

The simple fact that Pit Bulls are dogs, no more dangerous than any other of equivalent size and strength seems anathema to the community at large. We will continue to be marginalised and denied full membership to the dog owning mainstream, and I guess it's something we have just live with and work around as best we can.

I'd love to think that people would read intelligent discourse on the subject like Crosby's blog and be educated. But as in Galileo's day, the majority of people will brook no deviation from their misconceptions, no matter the evidence available, and any of us heretics who dare challenge the orthodox view will be treated as criminals.

It's amazing to me that the simple act of owning a dog with a broad head and very short fur makes me a civil dissident, but I don't have a choice in the matter.

Yes it saddens me that on a supposed dog lovers forum, there is so much hate for some dogs, because people have been caught up in the media hysteria & witch hunt. :swear: