Which Is Best To Buy?

I'm planning to have my mini schnauzer desexed early next year and want to prepare myself with an Elizabethan collar. In the past, I have used the rigid ones and frankly, they have been a pain for the wearer and restrictive. Because my boy is crate trained for night time sleep, getting in and out with the rigid collar I think will prove difficult. I have seen lately that there are soft ones around, including a blow up one. Who has used one of these and which type do you think is the best to buy?

Can't help with either but just wanted to say all 4 of mine were desexed and none of them needed a collar. I always hear people talking about them. I guess some dogs are prone to licking the suture site?

Good luck with your search for the right one, I guess they are not that expensive so if you don't need to use it, it won't matter.

We thought we'd need one for bear post desexing cos she loves having a chew on anything that feels slightly amiss.brought her home with one, but very quickly realized that as the desexing wound was a genuine owie she wasn't going to touch it even if we coated it in chocolate. She did, however, insist on rolling on her back for all visitors to see the wound so they could fall to their knees beside her and provide sympathy cuddles in ludicrous amounts. She's not rolled over when visitors have arrived once in the 3 1/4 years since the op :laugh:

I have just bought 2 of the cloud ones from clean run for my boys upcoming surgery. They are cheap and with free shipping I thought it worth a shot. If they work it will be so much more comfortable for all of us :laugh: For what it's worth, none of my dogs have ever needed the cone of shame after desexing although my foster (male) did.

Guest Labradork

I would definitely go for the Kong Cloud Collar from CleanRun.com. I hate those plastic E collars that dogs shove into your legs. I'm thinking of going back to CR for a fifth order :laugh:

Edited by Labradork