Doggy Santa

Guest Ams

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer pooch photos with traditional Santa or seaside Santa?

• Traditional in red suit
    • Seaside Santa in boardies (xmas and Peiradise themed)

Peiradise will be holding our Xmas get together at the Nudgee Beach Dog Park on 25th November. We will be hosting Santa for the afternoon. Given it is a tad hot in Qld around this time Santa has asked if we would mind if he wore boardies instead of his red suit. If anyone is interested in having their photo taken with Santa please come along. If you would like Santa in his traditional suit please let us know and I will ask if he would mind bringing it as well for those who respect tradition. It will probably be too hot for Santa to stay in his red suit all arvo though.

At this stage I am still negotiating with him as to what time he will be there and I guess that will depend on how many people and pooches would like their photographs taken. Coogie will be our photographer and we do have elves as well.

There will be a small fee for the photos (as yet to be determined) which will go to Peiradise Pei Pals which is the newly formed Incorporation to raise funds for Peiradise.

Pooches of all shapes and sizes are welcome as we will set up outside the doggy park. We understand Santa freaks out some pooches and they may feel an urge to nom on him. Santa has expressed a desire that we try to avoid this if at all possible, however he does understand that the jolly fat guy is not what a lot of pooches are used to being cuddled by. If you would really like a photo with Santa but feel he may freak your pooch out please make sure to let Santa know and we can arrange for him to sit beside your dog rather than having a cuddle.

Edited by Ams

I can just picture a board shorted Santa with a great dane on his lap.

If you were in Qld I know Santa wouldn't mind. He loves Amnesty and she is my English Mastiff.

I'd love to be able to come but will be staying in Sydney with my Christmas poochies :laugh: . Despite coming up to 27 years in Sydney, I still consider myself a Queenielander and feel for Santas in that hot hot hot December. I've voted for Boardies - LOL - and consider myself an Honory Pei Rescuer.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Guest donatella

I'd love to bring my 2 (will see if my friend is taking her Pei Ruby Rose) but I do worry that a group of Pei's might find 2 Poms nice chew toys :laugh:

Might even be safer with just the puppy as she loves everyone and anyone.

Donatella I can tell you that every Peinic I have been to there have been oodles of pei and other random dogs who don't know each other there, but there have been no fights or heart stopping moments. It seems to be a place of just hanging out and enjoying yourself for the dogs. And there is certainly a strange mix of dogs who turn up there with their poor owners going WTH when they see 30 shar pei in the same place. The dogs can also go in the water if they are so inclined.

I always have a great time, as do any foster dogs/puppies I take with me. Last time I took my sister (she's usually working) and for the Christmas one I'm going to bring my parents along as that many happy pei in one place is certainly an experience!

It starts at 2pm and we usually stay 2 - 3 hours.

PS I've met and LOVE Ruby Rose! She's such a cutie! There are Peinic pics of her on FB!

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Guest donatella

Donatella I can tell you that every Peinic I have been to there have been oodles of pei and other random dogs who don't know each other there, but there have been no fights or heart stopping moments. It seems to be a place of just hanging out and enjoying yourself for the dogs. And there is certainly a strange mix of dogs who turn up there with their poor owners going WTH when they see 30 shar pei in the same place. The dogs can also go in the water if they are so inclined.

I always have a great time, as do any foster dogs/puppies I take with me. Last time I took my sister (she's usually working) and for the Christmas one I'm going to bring my parents along as that many happy pei in one place is certainly an experience!

It starts at 2pm and we usually stay 2 - 3 hours.

PS I've met and LOVE Ruby Rose! She's such a cutie! There are Peinic pics of her on FB!

I'd love some Santa pics and to support a good cause! I might see if I can razzle some other friends up as well but we're all small dog owners (very friendly I promise) :laugh:

I just messaged Jas about Ruby Rose and the poor darling is having heaps of work done on her knees and hips (so not cool for a puppy) :( So I doubt she'll be in attendance I presume strict rest.

Guest donatella

:rofl:

way to scare the Pom owner by telling her you're worried about the size of the 'nozzles' at a Pei picnic LOL

Nom nom on the Pom-Pom!

That's what I thought she meant with the nozzle comment :rofl: