Manuka Honey And Kennel Cough

westiemum

I swear by Manuka honey, both the actual honey internally and the dressing for infections, cuts. eaq" oops - young Dustmite the ex foster just helped type - it wrks so well. Had a bitch with a bad spider bite that got infected and turned to staph. It spread to her face from licking. Antibiotics did nothing, so I both put the wound dressing on the infections and gave her Manuka honey twice a day. SHe was CURED within the week!

One youngster had kennel cough so I put him on Manuka honey immediately, plus Bisolvon cough tablets. 3 days later, only the very rare cough when he belted around chasing his mum. He came good so quickly that I didn't even need a vet visit :)

Temperament first, when you say the wound dressing is that something you make up yourself or something you buy? Apologies if its a dumb question but genuinely interested...

I buy the wound dressing at either the health food store or the chemist. it is a bit sticky, but worth the mess:-) My elderly mum has a bad ulcer and they are using some very fancy sterile manuka dressing on it. I'm not sure that sterile is such a great idea, but it is interesting that the medical profession here is finally catching up with overseas practice.

Thank you for this post! I haven't heard of it before, but it makes sense, I get chronic throat and chest infections and even normal honey helps relieve the coughs.

My partners ACD girl has picked up kennel cough so I will be passing this info on smile.gif

Edited by LisaCC

Hi Lisa,

Glad it helps. I used it on a sore throat earlier in the week and it worked like a charm. The westies love it too - treat off a teaspoon. And cheaper than vet bills although the strong stuff iis expensive.

Will be very interested in how you get on :)

Edited by westiemum