Pet Steps

1351487849[/url]' post='6002631']
1351467811[/url]' post='6002326']

I just took apart my bed and put the mattress on the floor.

:thumbsup: I like it! Trust Sheridan to be the ultimate practical one!!! :thumbsup:

Oh, this was after I bought another bed that had legs about two inches high. Ultimately, that even proved to high for the Grump so I just pulled the whole thing apart. He could never manage steps.

I just took apart my bed and put the mattress on the floor.

:thumbsup: I like it! Trust Sheridan to be the ultimate practical one!!! :thumbsup:

Oh, this was after I bought another bed that had legs about two inches high. Ultimately, that even proved to high for the Grump so I just pulled the whole thing apart. He could never manage steps.

I love it!

These are excellent and on special at moment for only $22.95 a bargain ->

http://www.crazysales.com.au/doggy-steps-deluxe-with-washable-cover-3-steps.html

Also I purchased a ramp similar to this one from local Crazy Clark's store they only get them in from time to time but this is same just about $20 more in price it latches onto side of bed and dogs easily walk up and down I have put some non slip grippy pads on to it for extra security.

http://www.crazysales.com.au/paws-n-claws-folding-dog-car-ramp.html

I use a plastic storage box covered with a blanket that Lacey my Cavalier uses to get up on my bed .... It's a large one so she hops up on it then pauses for a second then hops up on the bed ... A cheap way of doing it :)

I did the same for one of my dogs, works quite well :)

I was thinking of getting some thick hard foam and covering it with an upholstery fabric to make a version of these below.

post-6058-0-62723500-1351720203_thumb.jpg

We just use an ottoman. I was going to go smaller but the small dog we have can jump as high as he needs to to get on the bed, I just didn't want him doing it.

post-4036-0-06856800-1351723851_thumb.jpg

Edited by sas

I use a plastic storage box covered with a blanket that Lacey my Cavalier uses to get up on my bed .... It's a large one so she hops up on it then pauses for a second then hops up on the bed ... A cheap way of doing it :)

That what I do too. A big plastic box I've covered with a towel. I've taped all round so it doesn't slip.

I have these steps. They work well getting up on the bed but not on the way down. The westies do a little jump up onto the bed from the top step. But they won't use the step to get down as the distance between the top of the bed and the top step is too great. So the critical distance is the distance between the top step and the top of the bed if you want them to use it both ways. I think the top of the bed and the top step need to be very close if you want to use it on the way down.

Hope that helps. :)

A couple of mine are the same Westiemum. I'm going to put my thinking cap on, they could probably sit on another box type thing to make them higher and the box would be the first step. Something in light wood or plastic with a non-slip mat on it. As I said I'll put my thinking cap on and let you know what I come up with :)

Came up with this :) Long, low storage box, non-slip mat, and the steps on the top. Doesn't look very beautiful but it does the trick and is just the right height for the bed. Here's an action shot of George using them ...

edited to add that that's a night light on the floor next to it :)

oct2012252.jpg

Edited by yellowgirl

Some of these solutions sound quite ingenious. I think if I had to do it all over again I'd still just take my bed apart and put the mattress on the floor.

Don't you find it difficult to get up from the bed when it's so low to the ground Sheridan? I think it would just about kill me :grimace: ;)

I have these steps. They work well getting up on the bed but not on the way down. The westies do a little jump up onto the bed from the top step. But they won't use the step to get down as the distance between the top of the bed and the top step is too great. So the critical distance is the distance between the top step and the top of the bed if you want them to use it both ways. I think the top of the bed and the top step need to be very close if you want to use it on the way down.

Hope that helps. :)

A couple of mine are the same Westiemum. I'm going to put my thinking cap on, they could probably sit on another box type thing to make them higher and the box would be the first step. Something in light wood or plastic with a non-slip mat on it. As I said I'll put my thinking cap on and let you know what I come up with :)

Came up with this :) Long, low storage box, non-slip mat, and the steps on the top. Doesn't look very beautiful but it does the trick and is just the right height for the bed. Here's an action shot of George using them ...

edited to add that that's a night light on the floor next to it :)

oct2012252.jpg

Jo thats ingenious! :thumbsup: Why didn't I think of that! Mind you I'm not known for my practicality! :laugh:

Edited by westiemum

we use a toy box with some non slip matting on top at the base of our bed. Thats been good enough for Renae and Joey until recently, but Joey has been feeling insecure lately getting down from it, so we have put a small suitcase with a towel wrapped around it as another step. He seems to be ok now with that. Doesn't look very glamorous lol but it does the trick! Its a bit extra work when doing the floors, but oh well, they come first :)

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

1351753338[/url]' post='6006150']
1351752096[/url]' post='6006116']

Some of these solutions sound quite ingenious. I think if I had to do it all over again I'd still just take my bed apart and put the mattress on the floor.

Don't you find it difficult to get up from the bed when it's so low to the ground Sheridan? I think it would just about kill me :grimace: ;)

Nope, not at all. Even so, the safety and comfort of the Grump is more important than my creaky back.

I need some too I am so sick of lifting Bonnie up and off the bed! Deals direct have some for $24.95 I keep meaning to get some on their free shipping days.

Hmmm ... they'd probably fall apart pretty quickly

we have a set that is over 2 years old , so not to bad

I got those for Tara but she wouldnt use them , but mum's CKCS uses them at mums house and loves going up and down them to the bed

I use a plastic storage box covered with a blanket that Lacey my Cavalier uses to get up on my bed .... It's a large one so she hops up on it then pauses for a second then hops up on the bed ... A cheap way of doing it

same here

I got some non slip rubber mat from Bunnings and placed that over it , so no slipping

I used it mainly for Sam ( 38 kilo's ) for when he wanted to get in and out of car , was perfect hight for him

Guest donatella

Not too fussed for 24.95 and it's got pretty good reviews :D

I tried the DIY steps but it's hard to find something small enough for 1.5kg paws.

This week our local (Brisbane) Crazy Clark store had same set as shown on the Crazy sales website, $20 same principle as those folding PVC crate boxes you can buy, the ones that flat pack, they are only 31cm high and not much wider when put together, so would think unless you have a smallish/medium dog and a not too high bed these would not work.

The ramp that CrazySales have on sale is way better takes up to 50kg weight and has small struts that allows for grip under either ensemble mattress or side rail of bed also brilliant to use in and out of high vehicles etc. I got mine for $40 from Crazy clarks last year they fold up into little carry pack and heavy duty PVC means last well, easily stored and multiple uses I have even used for down contact agility training :laugh: Although they have some non slip surface I put a strip of that gripping rubber type material you can buy at cheap stores in rolls for use as drawer liner or placemats etc. (Had posted re this previously but did not have the pics at time)

http://www.crazysales.com.au/paws-n-claws-folding-dog-car-ramp.html

Edited by zeebie