Pet Steps

I have these steps. They work well getting up on the bed but not on the way down. The westies do a little jump up onto the bed from the top step. But they won't use the step to get down as the distance between the top of the bed and the top step is too great. So the critical distance is the distance between the top step and the top of the bed if you want them to use it both ways. I think the top of the bed and the top step need to be very close if you want to use it on the way down.

Hope that helps. :)

Funky cat do some steps. His stuff is really, really well made. http://www.funkycat.com.au/steps.htm

Oooh they look great- and like they would last with a 16kg kelpie climbing up them which most don't!!

Oh they look like something mine would use!

Mine tend to just jump over anything I put for them to climb down, but they look big enough for them to actually maybe just consider using (wishful thinking, maybe :rofl: )

Guest donatella

I need some too I am so sick of lifting Bonnie up and off the bed!

Deals direct have some for $24.95 I keep meaning to get some on their free shipping days.

Those look okay, but I can't see how they don't slip and slide all over the wooden floors?

You can put some of the felt pads on the bottom. I have similar steps from Innovations and they don't slip.

I need some too I am so sick of lifting Bonnie up and off the bed! Deals direct have some for $24.95 I keep meaning to get some on their free shipping days.

Hmmm ... they'd probably fall apart pretty quickly :D

Ha ha, looking at your Little Legs Dog Rescue you could get a product endorsement gig I reckon :thumbsup:

:laugh:

I have these steps. They work well getting up on the bed but not on the way down. The westies do a little jump up onto the bed from the top step. But they won't use the step to get down as the distance between the top of the bed and the top step is too great. So the critical distance is the distance between the top step and the top of the bed if you want them to use it both ways. I think the top of the bed and the top step need to be very close if you want to use it on the way down.

Hope that helps. :)

A couple of mine are the same Westiemum. I'm going to put my thinking cap on, they could probably sit on another box type thing to make them higher and the box would be the first step. Something in light wood or plastic with a non-slip mat on it. As I said I'll put my thinking cap on and let you know what I come up with :)

Ooooh, likey :) A bit out of the budget at the mo though :o

They're gorgeous DD! I love the wood :)

My old SBT girl refused to use the steps I bought so I had to continue with the butt lift technique (she could put her front paws up on the bed and lounge still) but when she wanted to get down she'd cry until I woke up. It was usually so she could go outside to do her hundreth pee so it didn't really matter. Later my new pup ate part of the stairs anyway.

I actually thought the step treads were too shallow for an SBT sized dog so consider that and the height of the steps and last step to the bed for your dog's size too. I bought mine from Deals Direct and they were a timber frame covered in a suede type fabric that you could zip on and off to wash. It got eaten before it got washed!

So take advice from people who already have steps and whose dogs use them easily rather than focus on price or they will be a waste of money and take up space.