Dog Baits At St Thomas Rest Park, Crows Nest (sydney)

Boronia

I have an email from the Yahoo Westie group:

Hi everyone

I do hope everyone in the area around Crows Nest (Sydney) has already heard but if not - some (evil) person is laying baits at the St Thomas Rest Park, Crows Nest. They consist of minced meat with either snail bait or Ratsak mixed in - deadly for dogs.

So if you know of any dog owners in the area, do warn them. I believe it was featured on TV and also in the Mosman Daily but I'd rather warn everyone than someone suffer by not knowing.

Some people (oxygen thieves more like it) are just sick. :mad

Yes k9angel so true. Many years ago I was walking on our local leash free with my rescue BC & he was very interested in a huge mound of what appeared to be fresh mince very nicely sitting in the surrounding bush. As I investigated closer I noticed this very inviting morsel had a very distinctive "green" fluro, glowing tinge to it :( I was very upset with my find, bagged it up & dissposed of it. There were 3 others baits found & reported on the same day.

What sory of "people" do such a depraved thing.

Total waste of oxygen. Shame on them :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Let me guess - on lead only park that people run their dogs off lead in?

We had the same scenario in a Canberra park recently.

No, it is an official off-leash park for council and biggish. I saw it on the news a few nights ago. They have put lots of warning signs up and a lady who had her dogs on-leash was saying how quiet it was, no dogs nor owners risking it at the moment. It is just beyond imagining how someone can do that :mad