Dog Day In Dog Town - Williamstown

HarperLee

The glorious Melbourne bayside suburb of Williamstown is hosting a Dog Day on Sunday 14 October from 10am until 4pm to encourage dog owners and all about responsible pet ownership, fun games for dogs, etc. More details are available: http://visitwilliamstown.com.au/event/dog-day-dog-town-commonwealth-reserve-williamstown They are hoping to make this an annual event, even possibly host another event in Altona where we have wonderful off-leash parks on the beach and the Council designated Dog Beach.

Good on them, the Willy Chamber of Commerce, organising. It was their first Dog Day and more than 2000 went. I went with Puppy and Kisho late in the day and it was packed - dogs, kids (two-legged), band, inflatable castle - really family fun day! Glad it was successful as they want to make it an annual event - what more could we ask for where the focus is on responsible pet ownership, caring for dogs, dog training, consider rescue dogs (all my kids are rescue babies - the way to go! can I say this on a Dog Breed Forum?).

• 11 months later...