Enough Gumtree Ads Perhaps?

Salukifan

HW, I suspect some people haven't actually read (or perhaps haven't understood) your original post.

Agree - read it folks!!

I don't care about repeated subjects if they are helping someone. I encourage speople to post if they have issues or questions. New people coming for help with real issues is never old.

This however is about VOYERISM style posts which cry ooh look at this horrible thing that is happening on gumtree!

It is RUBBERNECKING and IMO getting your rocks off on a bad story. Look look I care! Look how shocked I am!!

If someone REALLY wants to help, then contact rescue privately if appropriate. Easy enough to find out how to do that in the rescue forum.

Become proactive - not someone who gets off on telling people about the bad things they saw on another website.

rant over........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you are being a bit precious, in my personal opinion. I was a member of a horse forum for many, many years and did get a bit bored with the same posts year after year, but again, it was all new and relevant to those posting and they were genuinely asking for advice.

Precious eh?

Perhaps you'd like to point out the bit where I've whined about repeated posts from newbs asking for advice or ones about dog parks, puppy problems etc??

Let me help you out. I haven't. I'd never complain about a post seeking advice. Bloody tempting at times to point out that the forum has a search function but I haven't done that either.

HW I agree. This thread isn't about all the repeated "which dog food is best?" "which flea/tick treatment?" etc. It's about the starting of numerous threads which serve no purpose at all -- except to maybe contribute to the "OH NOES! There's a labracavoodle for sale on GT" brigade.

That's not helpful discussion at all and doesn't serve any real purpose at all. Everyone on this forum is well aware that GT is home to thousands of BYB and cross breed dog sales so unless there is general interest in rescuing a dog, there's no need to post about it.

Guest RosieFT

I apologise. To clarify, I was not aiming my comment at the OP nor the other posters talking about the gum tree ads, but to the posters commenting on the repeated talk of dog parks etc, and those lamenting that it should only be about breeding, showing, weaning etc. I thought there was a sub forum where you can talk about that as much as you like.

I did read the OP and in that regard, I have no comment.

I'm a long term member who hardly ever posts about dogs, does that mean I don't contribute or don't learn anything here?

what a seriously cute chi you hve.

love the ears.

Thanks asal :) unfortunately I lost him earlier this year can't quite bring myself to update my siggy yet :(

I love being part of this passionate dog community I got a lot of support when my little guy passed away and I lurk and learn a lot too.

HW, I suspect some people haven't actually read (or perhaps haven't understood) your original post.

Agree - read it folks!!

I don't care about repeated subjects if they are helping someone. I encourage speople to post if they have issues or questions. New people coming for help with real issues is never old.

This however is about VOYERISM style posts which cry ooh look at this horrible thing that is happening on gumtree!

It is RUBBERNECKING and IMO getting your rocks off on a bad story. Look look I care! Look how shocked I am!!

If someone REALLY wants to help, then contact rescue privately if appropriate. Easy enough to find out how to do that in the rescue forum.

Become proactive - not someone who gets off on telling people about the bad things they saw on another website.

rant over........

Yep that's about how I see it.

Thanks for the different views.

The issues of crossposting ads or talking about what dogs you saw in the pet shop was addressed in the forum rules although probably not clear enough. I have also been lax and have not policed it as good as I should have ... I thought one or 2 occasional ones would be OK but it appears it annoys people too much.

I have updated the forum rules now (refresh the page) to be more clear.

As for topics being started discussing things that may have been discussed a million times before, I have no issue with that. Once a topic gets past page 2, it is rarely seen again so new people may not have seen the original topic and may like the chance to discuss it.