Chet Womach From Thedogtrainingsecret.com

andrewang

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you used or purchased dvds by the trainer stated in the title. If you have, could you share with me how useful his methods are?

I watched a couple of free videos he sent me and I really like the fact that he uses an untrained puppy for demonstrations.

Any info will be extremely helpful.

A simple google search will show you this person doesn't seem verty legit. Nearly every result is showing some sort of scam.

Also, seems bird training is their main game, dog training is a recent addition!

Edited by minimax

Thanks alot guys.

He's been sending me all these free videos so I was thinking of giving him a try.

Can anyone intro a good dvd to me? I am pretty experienced at handling dogs but I feel having a good DVD as a guide is a good investment in the long run anyway.

What kind of training are you interested in Andrewang? Obedience, agility, behaviour modification?

I like the Control Unleashed series but they are quite specifically geared towards agility and dealing with highly aroused dogs :)

I'm just looking for basic obedience training like reducing separation anxiety, not to bark excessively when someone's knocking on the door and crate training kinda stuff.

I know information could be found easily online but I thought it might be more useful if I can actually watch someone demonstrating it.

My rottweiler was pretty good before but I guess it was easier because I lived in a house. Now I live in an apartment, so I guess things might get a little different.

It's also been 3 years since my last rotti passed, so I might get a little rusty when I get a new puppy.

What kind of training are you interested in Andrewang? Obedience, agility, behaviour modification?

I like the Control Unleashed series but they are quite specifically geared towards agility and dealing with highly aroused dogs :)

Control unleashed is great for all dogs - even "good" pets. It was originally written for agility, but the methods are transferable.

What are you trying to achieve Andrew?

Control unleashed is great for all dogs - even "good" pets. It was originally written for agility, but the methods are transferable.

What are you trying to achieve Andrew?

Hi Megan,

I'm not really trying to achieve anything at the moment, but I thought it might be useful to have a couple of basic obedience DVDs on hand in case something unexpected happens.

Like I said before, I'm now living in an apartment with neighbours close by, so I don't want my puppy to get anxious when I leave the house and starts barking and whining. I'm not saying that will definitely happen, I just want to get the DVDs as a precautionary measure.

BTW, when I say precautionary, I really meant it as I haven't even got my puppy yet. LOL

Andrew

I'm going to recommend Crate Games too even though I haven't got all the way through it yet :p (but that's due to my slackness not any comment on the DVD itself!)

Megan is right about Control Unleashed (and CU Games), it has a lot of good general stuff for building focus and self-control which are great for any dog :)

I find the Leerburg stuff a bit hit and miss - better with the later Michael Ellis stuff but the older stuff has a lot of incorrect information and you have to wade through a LOT of self-promotion :grimace:

Edit - also lots of free videos here :) http://www.dogstardaily.com/videos/training

Edited by Weasels