New Dog Moving In Next Door

skully

My 17 month old Stafford Pebbles is about to get a new neighbour. Our fences are 6 feet high wooden pailings (over lapped so you can't see through) and we have new neighbour's that have a french bulldog. We met them in the stairwell yesterday and they said they have the dog but haven't brought it to the new flat yet. I am just wondering how Pebbles will respond to it and if there is anything i should do to or keep an eye out for while they get used to each other?

She loves other dogs and thinks it's play time ALL the time, so i guess i'm worried she might try and get to the other dog?

French Bulldogs are very social little people and as long as they are introduced to each other, supervised, you will find that they would become the very best of friends.

I know people who breed Staffies and they have two Frenchies and they get on ever so well. :)

From what i know of the French Bulldog breed i'm sure they'd get on - my worry is they'll want to get on ALL the time. My husband reckons we should just cut a hole in the fence! heh

We used to live next to a girl with a Malt x Shih Tzu type dog (she got him from the RSPCA, where he'd ended up due to being a little Houdini!) and no matter what we did, he would find a way to get under, around, through etc the fence to come visit us. After a while we stopped bothering even patching them up and just enjoyed having Louie visit us all the time.

Edited by Alkhe