Paw Probiotic Powder

Hi all,

I have a sick dog who I have been told (on vet advice) must have probiotic powder added to her diet on a long term basis.

I can access Blackmores PAW Probiotic Powder at a very good price so naturally would like to try this. Is this a good quality probiotic like Protexin?

I dont want an airy fairy product that isnt going to do the job so thought I would ask here incase any of you dolers have used it before.

Hi all,

I have a sick dog who I have been told (on vet advice) must have probiotic powder added to her diet on a long term basis.

I can access Blackmores PAW Probiotic Powder at a very good price so naturally would like to try this. Is this a good quality probiotic like Protexin?

I dont want an airy fairy product that isnt going to do the job so thought I would ask here incase any of you dolers have used it before.

We've had some excellent feedback from a cross section of customers using this product, including owners of puppies and adults with all sorts of reasons for using it.

If in doubt, contact PAWS direct and ask to speak to one of their vets. We've found them to be very open and knowledgeable about other similar products, which may help you decide one way or another.

Sags

• 3 weeks later...

Is protextin to be used long term?

My girl had giardia back in August and still has the occasional sensitive stomach I'm wondering is I should give it a go. Shes on proplan sensitive skin and stomach would protexin be okay to be used as well?

Also what's the difference between the orange label and green? And what is the dosage rates?

Edited by Tara8430

Guest Labradork

Hi all,

I have been using Blackmores supplements for 25 years. In my opinion, they are the best products on the market. I have never used Protexin but I wouldn't use it or the PAWS/Blackmores product if it contains yeast.

I just looked online and the PAWS/Blackmores product does contain yeast.

Here is the ingredients list:

Lactobacillus acidophilus 10,000,000 cfu/g

Saccharomyces boulardii < 500cfu/g*

Saccharomyces cerevisiae < 500cfu/g*

Calcium ascorbate 1mg/g

Other ingredients include fermented organic grains, seeds, legumes and cereal grasses plus kelp, spirulina and glucosamine.

*yeast.

I give my Lab puppy Blackmores Acidophilus capsules, which I buy from Coles or Safeway. I empty the powder out of one capsule into her food every morning.

Edited by Labradork

1 Blackmores Acidophilus per day? I have a black lab pup too 13 mths old 30kgs so 1 of those per day? Does make sense if protexin has yeast, my girl has the itchiness too some form of contact allergy, i just want to make her feel better.

Edited by Tara8430

Guest Labradork

1 Blackmores Acidophilus per day? I have a black lab pup too 13 mths old 30kgs so 1 of those per day? Does make sense if protexin has yeast, my girl has the itchiness too some form of contact allergy, i just want to make her feel better.

Yep, my Naturopath said one a day. She has over 40 years' experience with horses, dogs and people. You could go to the Blackmores website and 'ask a Naturopath' online. It's free :)

Edited by Labradork

Yep, my Naturopath said one a day. She has over 40 years' experience with horses, dogs and people. You could go to the Blackmores website and 'ask a Naturopath' online. It's free :)

Thanks!