Clavulox Antibiotics

Hi,

Snowy is prescribed with clavulox for prevention of any infection after surgery.

Just want to know if it is drowsy? confused.gif

I tried Googling but not sure what to look for as nothing much said on clavulox for dogs is drowsy.

Thanks

post-45759-0-91049600-1349518870_thumb.jpg

Clavulox is a common antibiotic - won't cause drowsiness. When did your dog have surgery? Today?

On Wednesday.

Probably recovering still. He has desexed surgery and hernia fix. Has stitches on him that is irritating him at the moment, but not licking or scratching. Confined in small area.

He is quite sleepy than his usual self. Not sure if it's due to the clavulox tablets.

It would not be due to the clavulox. Why do you have him confined to a small area? I'd expect him to be over the anaesthesia by now, and he will benefit from some gentle exercise. Is the wound healing well? Any redness or signs of infection? The stitches may be pulling and making him a bit unsure about moving too much.

Get him back to the vet first thing Monday if you have any concerns.

It would not be due to the clavulox. Why do you have him confined to a small area? I'd expect him to be over the anaesthesia by now, and he will benefit from some gentle exercise. Is the wound healing well? Any redness or signs of infection? The stitches may be pulling and making him a bit unsure about moving too much.

Get him back to the vet first thing Monday if you have any concerns.

Oh I let him out to play with his toys and walk around. He is confine in his play pen just incase and especially at night. His stitches still new so I am unsure how much he should be moving around as vet said no running around and so on. I think it's healing as not red or swollen...

Not much concern at the moment as Snowy seems to be sleepy and thought it could be the clavulox. Might be recuperating..

I am being such a worrying mummy laugh.gif

Clavulox should not cause any side effects like drowsiness, but can sometimes cause a mild gut upset. He may just be taking his time recovering from surgery or be a little put off by his changes in routine etc. If you have any concerns, contact your vet.

Clavulox should not cause any side effects like drowsiness, but can sometimes cause a mild gut upset. He may just be taking his time recovering from surgery or be a little put off by his changes in routine etc. If you have any concerns, contact your vet.

Thanks @Rappie

He is active like his usual self now. Was trying to do his usual zoomies in the house and I had to stop him from it. laugh.gif I guess he was just recuperating from the anaesthetic and surgery, plus lack of sleep at night because of the cone.

Is it normal to have the hernia area - a hard bump around the stitches.confused.gif I reckon it could be just the trauma of the surgery surrounding the tissue. Snowy is not hurting and it doesn't look swollen red. Don't see any pus either. He is not bother by it. He is not licking or scratching it.

Attached some photos.

One photo on side ways where you can see a slight bump and when I touch / press lightly on it, it's hard.

Would probably call up the vet and ask too. If vet ask to drop by, will do that today.

post-45759-0-59360900-1349820400_thumb.jpg

post-45759-0-09711300-1349820401_thumb.jpg

post-45759-0-51857300-1349820401_thumb.jpg