Serious Car Accident Involving Racing Greys And Trainers

OSoSwift

Don't forget there were other dogs killed the night before and Lektra Ice got loose as well.

I didn't know about the first accident. R.I.P. to the greys lost in both accidents. :(

:rainbowbridge:

And I hope Lektra Ice is found safe too. :crossfingers:

Latest link

MISSING HOUNDS FOUND!

Monday 08 October, 2012

News today that four missing greyhounds; Lektra Ottens, Lektra Ice, Daven Bale and Bance Bale, who all went missing after two separate car accidents last week have been found safe and sound.

Lektra Ottens was involved in the tragic car accident involving George Dailly, Carl Schlensog and 14 racing greyhounds, which claimed the life of Big Black Mac, and had been missing since Friday.

George and Carl are both okay after the incident and were home by last Friday afternoon.

Today though, owner Phillip Lenehan received the news that Lektra Ottens had been located near the site of the accident.

“He had been going to an old man’s place at about 5pm each day for a feed,” a relieved Lenehan said, “He has been found but is yet to be captured but Andrea Gurry is going to go down with another greyhound and they will hopefully have him home safe after that.”

The gentleman who located the missing greyhound didn’t know about Friday’s accident but had been feeding Lektra Ottens out of the goodness of his heart. Lektra Ottens was even seen sleeping in the man's backyard and had reportedly been camping near the property.

Another three greyhounds (Lektra Ice, Daven Bale and Bance Bale) that went missing last week after a separate incident have also been found, with trainer Heather Collins ecstatic that all her hounds were found with little to no injury and are sound besides being a little dehydrated.

“It’s such a relief, as time went on we were getting a little worried because not knowing is very tough but it was such good news when we found out they were all okay,” Heather said.

I reckon if he opened his front door and left it long enough, the dog would have found his lounge. They have a homing device when it comes to beds and lounges .

It's lovely that he's been found

:rofl:

Was thinking the same thing as I read it.

a chap was washing his car and this dog came down the street, "politely said hullo" to him, "spotted the front door open and trotted in and settled himself on the lounge, with and expectant look as if asking, n whats for lunch"

Edited by asal

A serious question, not trying to stir up trouble.

Is it usual to transport this many dogs at once?

They had travelled to Adelaide for the Adelaide cup so I would imagine so. It would be the same as a racehorse trainer turning up to the races with a truck full of horses.

The big, successful trainers would have quite a few dogs in training.

I know of dog show people who have arrived with nearly as many, sometimes two people have travelled together, sometimes they are showing for the owners.

Edited by OSoSwift

I reckon if he opened his front door and left it long enough, the dog would have found his lounge. They have a homing device when it comes to beds and lounges .

It's lovely that he's been found

:rofl:

Was thinking the same thing as I read it.

a chap was washing his car and this dog came down the street, "politely said hullo" to him, "spotted the front door open and trotted in and settled himself on the lounge, with and expectant look as if asking, n whats for lunch"

HA HA I have to agree. Before I moved into a rooming house a while ago, I had no experience with Greys. The cleaners who came around once a fortnight, used to bring their Grey they got from Greyhound Rescue, she was a sweet girl, if any of the tenants left their doors open, she was straight in there & on the beds.

They told me that she won't take food off strangers, as they are trained not too in case someone tries to poison them, they were astonished when she happily took treats from me, they said I broke her. :rofl:

Very happy all the missing dogs have been found & are OK. :thumbsup:

A serious question, not trying to stir up trouble.

Is it usual to transport this many dogs at once?

Yes, it's common for people who race, show and do yard dog trials.

These big race and show set ups are usually very well thought out, with the dogs comfort in mind and have owners who are very particular about they way they travel.

One of my biggest fears is an accident when I'm on the road, as the majority of the time I have all of my dogs with me and possibly every second trip I have dogs belonging to others.