Missing Boy And His Dogs

Lady Flying Furball

Just saw this regarding a missing little boy and the three family dogs seemingly gone with him. Hoping they are taking care of him and he is found soon.

Missing Boy

Riley Martin, 4, goes missing with family dogs at Nambucca Heads

AAP

October 03, 2012 11:36PM

A FOUR-year-old boy with Down syndrome has gone missing from his NSW home, apparently taking his family's three dogs with him.

Riley Martin disappeared from his home at Nambucca Heads at midday (AEST) and has not been seen since.

The boy, from Short St, is described as being of Caucasian appearance with short brown hair and was wearing red pyjamas and a black top.

Three family dogs, two fox terriers and a kelpie, have also disappeared.

Emergency services, volunteers and neighbours have been scouring the area around Riley's home.

NSW Police said their search for Riley was suspended due to failing light, but local police were continuing to search overnight.

A briefing is due to take place at 5.30am on Thursday before a major search resumes half an hour later.

Local police, water police, the dog unit, the police airwing, PolAir and police on trail bikes will join the search, helped by volunteers from the State Emergency Service, Volunteer Rescue Association, Surf Life Saving Association and the Rural Fire Service, as well as local residents.

Anyone with information on Riley's whereabouts is urged to call triple zero.

Edited by FlyingFurball

:pray: For Riley and all who are out searching for him.

I hope his dogs are with him as they will be easily spotted walking with a young child.

I saw this story on FB early yesterday afternoon and was hoping for happy news

And the dogs??

Nothing mentioned about the dogs but I did see a small dog in a lady's arm, don't know if this was one of the dogs with Riley

It looks like the 3 dogs are still in the bush according to the update on atm.

They have got one of the dogs nothing mentioned about the other 2.

Edited by smooch

I read that comment from the mum & thought wtf?! Those dogs saved your son's life!

The people who found him said he was freezing and that was after snuggling up to a dog, it might have not been a positive outcome without his canine electric blanket :(

So so true

I read that comment from the mum & thought wtf?! Those dogs saved your son's life!

The people who found him said he was freezing and that was after snuggling up to a dog, it might have not been a positive outcome without his canine electric blanket :(

No guarantee Mum was quoted correctly. That's journalism for you.