Bee Stings

Tara and Sam

as the title says

anything better than Phenergan tablets to have on hand for Bee stings for dogs

my Cav loves to chase fly's and while I was further down back yard she was after them near back door sink

but when I came back closer I am pretty sure she got stung or tried to eat a bee ( I didnt actually see it ) I have seen her eat a fly before

I came back and she was like frothing at mouth ( saliva from constant licking ) of her mouth area

no obvious sting mark , no swollen tongue or mouth area

breathing Ok

I did have Phenergan on hand and rang vet and they suggested 1/4 for her weight

asked questions about breathing etc , vomiting and none of that

I was at home alone with no transport to a vet at the time

I need to update my antihistamines as these tablets where for when Sam loved chaseing bees ( over 18 months )

so any other products better that anyone has tried

before I get some fresher medication

I use to work in a pharmacy so know what is goood for humans but would like advice on the best ones to have on hand for dogs

plus we just found out front of house full of a bees swarming around :(

Thanks

as the title says

anything better than Phenergan tablets to have on hand for Bee stings for dogs

my Cav loves to chase fly's and while I was further down back yard she was after them near back door sink

but when I came back closer I am pretty sure she got stung or tried to eat a bee ( I didnt actually see it ) I have seen her eat a fly before

I came back and she was like frothing at mouth ( saliva from constant licking ) of her mouth area

no obvious sting mark , no swollen tongue or mouth area

breathing Ok

I did have Phenergan on hand and rang vet and they suggested 1/4 for her weight

asked questions about breathing etc , vomiting and none of that

I was at home alone with no transport to a vet at the time

I need to update my antihistamines as these tablets where for when Sam loved chaseing bees ( over 18 months )

so any other products better that anyone has tried

before I get some fresher medication

I use to work in a pharmacy so know what is goood for humans but would like advice on the best ones to have on hand for dogs

plus we just found out front of house full of a bees swarming around :(

Thanks

I used claratyne syrup for my boxer when he had multiple stings,worked well and I think it works faster than tablets

I gave him a guestimate dose and another later on,

there is a website (google?) that has drugs that are safe or not for animals,worth a look as some allergy reliefs contain them

I used Polaramine on George when she had a reaction to something earlier in the year. It was what i had in the fridge at the time and it worked enough that it allowed time for me to get her to the clinic as we live out of town.

In saying that she had a pretty severe reaction with her whole face swelling up and her eyes became very swollen to the point where she couldn't see. I ended up giving her two doses of it at home under vet instruction and then rushing her to the clinic for an injection.

I definitely prefer polaramine though if i had to choose an antihistamine.

Thanks for the link

Yes I was going to get the liquid form , as liquids do work quicker

I remember Polaramine well , mum had to take them for her bad hayfever and would fall asleep at the table , they made her so tired

I know when I rang the vet I was the one who mentioned the Phenergan as it was the only one had here

Luckily Tynka didnt swell in the mouth area

but will make sure have a fresh pack of medication " just in case"

Thanks for the replies