Dog Walks

Hi all.. trying to see if I can track down a reasonably inexpensive and decent quality dog walk or atleast a plan or some kind of idea. I would prefer it to be comp sized or close enough to it as I'm training running dogwalks here.

I can find a local on ebay but 2k or close to that is insane imo

Any suggestions would be great

Hi all.. trying to see if I can track down a reasonably inexpensive and decent quality dog walk or atleast a plan or some kind of idea. I would prefer it to be comp sized or close enough to it as I'm training running dogwalks here.

I can find a local on ebay but 2k or close to that is insane imo

Any suggestions would be great

I think you will find that most of the people in Sydney / NSW who build equipment have a fairly long waiting list for the supply of the equipment. They do it in their spare time, and they do not have much of that and there are lots of people wanting equipment.

Knowing the cost of materials and the time it takes to build equipment, 2k sounds quite reasonable to me. When Keith used to build equipment he used to charge near $1,000 for a dog walk and that was years ago, and at well below an hourly rate of pay that would be expected for a tradesperson at that time. Taking into account annual CPI changes, 2k sounds on the cheap side!

Most people who build agility equipment do it for the love of the sport, and not on a professional basis. If people are building this stuff for a living, they do have to charge for the time it takes at a professional rate, as well as for the materials.

Cheers, Le

Edited to make sense of what I wrote. It does not help when you forget to type half of one of the sentences!

Edited by canine fun sports

• 6 months later...

I got some plans on Ebay. I haven't tried the dog walk or the A frame yet & am just about to start on the pause table. The plans originated in the US & I got them in Ebook format as it was cheaper than paying the postage. So far they have worked well with the jumps that have been made.