Beautiful Cavalier Female In Hawkesbury Pound

Squidgy

I was just searching through the hawkesbury pound list and there is a beautiful young cavalier female in there only 1.5years old. Does anyone think there is a rescue that would take her? I know this pound doesnt desex before sale I would hate to see her becoming a "cavoodle" breeding machine... $230 is a bargain mill dog...it breaks my heart as I have read horror stories about people getting their farm dogs from shelters for cheap like this. I hope I do not get in trouble for this thread it is just a major concern to me :(

http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/animal-shelter/animal-shelter-gallery?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZjb3VuY2lsLmhhd2tlc2J1cnkubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRmFuaW1hbHNoZWx0ZXIlMkZpbmRleC5waHAlM0ZhbGJ1bSUzRGRvZ3MlMjZpbWFnZSUzRFBDQy03MjcuanBnJmFsbD0x

Edited by thundercat

She will be safe and sound Thundercat :) Cavies always find great new homes or rescue.

HP is now desexing which is great news. Any adopted dog is desexed, rescue sign an agreement to ensure all dogs are desexed prior to rehome.

I just rang hawkesbury to see what procedures they take to find good homes, they told me they do not desex the dogs at all...... it is pretty much the first person to put their name down and come in with the cash. not so much in those words I just said it briefly.

The cav girl will go undesexed lifetime registered , microchipped etc but not desexed :(:mad

She will most probly get a save with a rescue but they still need to change their policies that is disgusting that anyone can walk in with a sob story and walk out with a new puppy farm dog :(

I just rang hawkesbury to see what procedures they take to find good homes, they told me they do not desex the dogs at all...... it is pretty much the first person to put their name down and come in with the cash. not so much in those words I just said it briefly.

The cav girl will go undesexed lifetime registered , microchipped etc but not desexed :(:mad

She will most probly get a save with a rescue but they still need to change their policies that is disgusting that anyone can walk in with a sob story and walk out with a new puppy farm dog :(

Interesting, so do some people at HP not know that they now desex, or do they actually not desex?

They do not desex them prior to leaving. Hence why some animals are only $37.......and I posted this in the rescue thread and the people who put up the hawkesbury notices have pretty much confirmed that they do not desex, people are now trying to raise money to get her out of there and into rescue

Edited by thundercat

They do not desex them prior to leaving. Hence why some animals are only $37.......and I posted this in the rescue thread and the people who put up the hawkesbury notices have pretty much confirmed that they do not desex, people are now trying to raise money to get her out of there and into rescue.

Bugger. I got all excited thinking that councils were starting to do the right thing.

They do not desex them prior to leaving. Hence why some animals are only $37.......and I posted this in the rescue thread and the people who put up the hawkesbury notices have pretty much confirmed that they do not desex, people are now trying to raise money to get her out of there and into rescue

But Nic.B just posted that they DO desex? So I wonder where she got her info from? :confused:

Oh no :mad lets just hope an honest person comes along then for her !

Yeh thats what made me all teary seeing her on the page, dont get me wrong I love them all but seeing such a young sweet natured dog like a cav just dumped in there for no reason is shocking ......gentlest souls they are and are used and abused in the puppy trade far to much