Waratah Sportdog Club (sydney)

The Waratah Sportdog Club trains dogs for the international dog sport of IPO.

The rules are governed by the FCI (Federation Cynologique Internationale).

There are three parts to the sport, Tracking, Obedience and Character Work.

Our club is currently training on Monday nights at 7:30 at Horsley Park. We will be looking at training more frequently as our club membership grows.

As said earlier the sport has three phases which need to be completed to gain an IPO title, but there are other titles also available. We also have the TR 1,2,3 and the OB ,1,2,3. These are tracking and obedience titles for those who have no desire to compete in the charachter work.

As a club we encourage all breeds from all walks of life to come and check us out as we have something for all. Training your dog even to the lowest title of BH in this program can give you the tools needed to communicate clearly with your dog and help encourage an open, social and stable canine companion.

So wether you are seeking to achieve the highest title with your dog or simply wanting to achieve a better relationship and understanding with the family companion, please give us a call.

Contact either myself on 0408 113 874 or our Secretary Mario Ferkula on 0413 880 180

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi NotMidol,

You are welcome to come and just watch and have a chat. We love to chat lol.

It is always a good idea to stay up to date with the latest ideas so when you start a new pup your skill are sharp :grimace:

We are getting alot more members now and are starting to see some very nice dogs and people at the club. Hope to see you there

Craig

I'll be there next week :)

What time do you guys generally wrap up? I work nights (but not Monday) so by 7.30 I've already been awake for about 18 hours.

EDIT: I may even look at becoming a proper member and doing some training with our Dally :)

Edited by NotMidol

The club is certainly on the way up. We have recruited some awsome new members and are hoping to have a team ready to start trial ASAP. I would like to thank PAX for her invaluable knowledge and motivational techniques.

NotMidol, We usually wrap up fairly late around 10pm but if you are a member and we know your situation we will make sure you get done early so you can get some shut eye. Or the other option is you just quit your job lol

Looking forward to seeing you all on the training field

Craig Murray