Miley Got Out

HugUrPup

For the first time in the 4 years she has lived here, Miley has wandered off :eek:

I have no idea how. The side gate was closed and in the past, the wind has blown it open, she has gotten out and sat at the front door waiting to be let in or for me to return home. (Only happened like 3 times).

This morning I hadn't even noticed her missing (was still in PJ's getting breaky) and I got a phone call from someone who found her streets away.

The guinea pigs who are allowed to roam in the yard, didn't get out but she did. It's so odd. She must have been let out of her crate by my husband in the early hours of the morning and gotten out then.

Anyway, I got hubby to buy the person who found her, a box of chocolates as we didn't have any reward money as he lost his job without pay last week :(

I think they were ok with that.

I am so glad she had her collar and tag on and so glad she went through the bush rather than on the main road.

Not sure why she wandered off.. I think she may be a bit jealous of the attention the baby is getting. Now that the weather is better and the baby's severe skin issues are under control, Miley will be getting out with us more. This past week was actually pretty good. She went to the park a couple of times and went for a few walks to the store with us. It was her grooming the week before last too which she loves.

I hope she's not getting senile in her old age. She's only 8 years old, but her mother died at 6 or 7, so for her I guess 8 may be old. :(

The side gate was closed and in the past, the wind has blown it open, she has gotten out and sat at the front door waiting to be let in or for me to return home. (Only happened like 3 times).

and the first time wasn't warning enough to take precautions so that it didn't happen again

I think it is normal for a dog to wander off given the opportunity - thank goodness she is safe. I'd be getting a padlock for that gate pronto. All my gates are either padlock or locked via a key. No one can "accidentally" let my dogs out - I like it that way!

The side gate was closed and in the past, the wind has blown it open, she has gotten out and sat at the front door waiting to be let in or for me to return home. (Only happened like 3 times).

and the first time wasn't warning enough to take precautions so that it didn't happen again

Agree with this 100%. You say it's only happened 3 times :hitself:

Please secure your property before your dog gets hit by a car.

How lucky you are that a very kind person took the time to call you when they found your dog.

We've lived here for four years and Lola just got out for the first time. Luckily she stayed at our front yard. We thought we found the hole she was getting out of and fixed it but then she got out again. Our border collie meanwhile stays in the yard. So now they are both in the house until we upgrade the whole fence.

Glad your dog was found safely, very scary.