From This, To This

Kirislin

I just wish I'd managed to get her feet in, but she was constantly on the move. I think she is stunning, she's an Italian Greyhound, not a whippet, I'm smitten with her. He's planning on breeding from her and if I didn't have all my whippets I'd be getting a puppy for sure, but I dont think I can as things are now.

She is very graceful, the absolute essence of iggyness, just exquisite.

Edited by Kirislin

Ive only ever met one iggy, he was petrified of his own shadow and hid behind his master whenever there was people or other dogs around and always seemed to shiver as if he were cold. He seemed so delicate. I always thought surely they are not all like this little fella? Widget looks a lot bigger than the little guy I met.

I love IGs but wouldn't be a good owner to one (too loud and too much happening in my house plus cats chooks etc). But I can't help but stare in wonder when I see one. One day when my life calms down I may consider getting one. I have been staring at that little face for ages.

I did meet one many years ago. Owned by a slightly-retarded (not sure of politically correct name for her). She was a lovely (10yo I guess) girl but was quite loud and rough and lied often. She would climb over our fence and help herself to food etc and wouldn't stop talking. Her constant companion was an iggy. He was beautiful and bold but always polite and kind. She dragged him all over town and he happily trotted after her and was thrown/dragged (that bit horrified me) over the fences when the girl went visiting (another thing that horrified me but I was only a teen myself and didn't think much of it). He would walk into our house and climb on to my lap for a cuddle and was just such a nice dog. She would call him and he obediently trot over and stand for the lead to be put on. I haven't thought about him for years but he had me entranced and I guess he is why they facinate me so much.

I have 6 IGs plus cats and larger breed dogs. My house is hectic, but the IGs are all happy and full of beans. At home they ooze confidence but away from home some are quite timid while others are outgoing. They are beautiful dogs but are not the right breed for everyone. Generally they adore their owners but are aloof with other ppl.

Love the pics Kirislin.

What a sweet little girl :) Is it just me or do iggies tend to have one front leg up a lot? I seem to see it a lot in photos.

It's a fairly iggyish thing to do, some whippets do it but not as delicately as this little girl, she is the essence of iggyiness. Her owner is planning a litter from her when she has her next season. I would so love a sable bitch from her, but I dont think I can. :cry: I am smitten with this girl.

Edited by Kirislin

What a sweet little girl :) Is it just me or do iggies tend to have one front leg up a lot? I seem to see it a lot in photos.

It's a fairly iggyish thing to do, some whippets do it but not as delicately as this little girl, she is the essence of iggyiness. Her owner is planning a litter from her when she has her next season. I would so love a sable bitch from her, but I dont think I can. :cry: I am smitten with this girl.

Ah thanks. She sure is beautiful. Is it totally out of the question to get one of her pups?

Ah thanks. She sure is beautiful. Is it totally out of the question to get one of her pups?

For you??? Not at all! :laugh: For me, it would be madness.

For you??? Not at all! :laugh: For me, it would be madness.

No not for me!!!! My greyhounds would squash her they are too rough :o Never say never Kirislin, she's not even in season yet, plenty of time to weigh up the pros and cons :)

I have 6 IGs plus cats and larger breed dogs. My house is hectic, but the IGs are all happy and full of beans. At home they ooze confidence but away from home some are quite timid while others are outgoing. They are beautiful dogs but are not the right breed for everyone. Generally they adore their owners but are aloof with other ppl.

Love the pics Kirislin.

Yep Oscar acts like he owns the place here at home. Anyone who comes over is sussed out for a few minutes and then given a ball to play with him. Outside though, he is much more reserved and prefers to stick close to us. We have also had issues with other dogs offlead rushing him so that has not helped.

The greys behave beautifully with him, really they let him get away with murder. I very rarely have to step in if play is getting rough but that is very rare. He actually thinks every greyhound he meets must be his best friend.

Definitely not for everyone but I absolutely adore my little man and he adores me too - he is the one who is SUPER excited to see me when I come back from being away, even if it is just an overnight trip.

Krislin she is absolutely enchanting, I can see why you are smitten. The seal colour has really grown on me (or maybe I am just seeing better quality ones around now).