Rspca Bundaberg Break In

Squidgy

I really hate the its the parents comments... Drives me crazy

Sometimes parents do all they can and the kids still act out and sneek out and do what they want (i have seen it, my parents did everything they could to get my brothers to do what they were told and nothing worked, by fining them or making my parents pay for their actions, it would have done nothing to stop the boys (note: they NEVER did anything like this, but just silly teenager crap, drinking and sneeking out at night and not coming home when told))

As for the kids involved in this, i agree, they should be locked up for a year or so and not let off because they are so young.

Agree Teebs. Have seen it with one of the daughters of a friend of mine. They have tried literally everything. It is affecting their health and sanity and affecting their 'good' daughter too. Again, nothing like this, but sneaking out, running away, drinking, stealing money from them and her sister, not going to school, not turning up for the jobs or courses that have been arranged for her (that she said she wanted), acting out etc. At 16 they have now been told they can't 'make' her do anything - not even turn up for family counselling. :mad

As for the little brats who did this - there definitely needs to be consequences.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we should really give bad dogs a really good thrashing too - you know, to keep them in line. Really lay into the little sh*ts.

This really does not relate as children have a level of right and wrong and reasoning that dogs don't and never will have. Even a seven year old knows what they did was wrong.

While I think parents have an influence, they can't take all the blame. My sister and I are complete opposites even though we were raised the same way, same parents, same environment. She has always been the problem child and still is these days as an adult.

They might be misguided kids who think they are freeing caged dogs on death row? Don't know about Bunderburg, but in my area the RSPCA is in fact the pound. Doesn't make it right, but people have assumed that they were actively trying to hurt the dogs, which might not have been the case.

The fact that two kids ten and under were even out roaming on their own is a problem on its own, and an indicator of how they're parented. What a disgusting thing - and then of all things going around trying to sell the kittens?? :eek: I am so glad that none of the tiny babies died during the ordeal.

Yes, there's many ticks in actual behaviours in this case that'd show pretty weak formation & supervision... going way back. Unless there's some intervention, at the family level, it'd be a matter of 'Watch this space!' for the future. 'Blame' is not helpful, but assessment of risk is. Those children are at risk... and so is the society around them, if something isn't done.

Was just thinking about this thread and the manager of the RSPCA walked into my work at my other job this morning. So I asked her about it. The children are well known to them. They were banned because they were always going in and trying to let animals out. She said they had cruel intentions and were not trying to save the animals. They have shown cruel behaviour in the past. The parents are known drug users and apparently do not care where their children are. They have another son in prison.

Was just thinking about this thread and the manager of the RSPCA walked into my work at my other job this morning. So I asked her about it. The children are well known to them. They were banned because they were always going in and trying to let animals out. She said they had cruel intentions and were not trying to save the animals. They have shown cruel behaviour in the past. The parents are known drug users and apparently do not care where their children are. They have another son in prison.

:mad: grrrr some people should not be parents...... I might get flamed for that comment but it is true. Why have children if you are not going to look after them.

So why havent they done anything about their security? Must be pretty sloppy if some 10 year olds can break in.

Given these kids tried to break in the week before, you'd think the RSPCA would have tried some prevention. What does the 'P' stand for?

So why havent they done anything about their security? Must be pretty sloppy if some 10 year olds can break in.

Given these kids tried to break in the week before, you'd think the RSPCA would have tried some prevention. What does the 'P' stand for?

:thumbsup: SPOT ON SHERIDAN

Guest lavendergirl

The lack of security factor has been raised in several posts in this thread. Given the apparent vicious intent of these girls I hope the RSPCA are checking the home environment in case this family has any animals at home. Or at least that the police are having a good look around.

Break in to shelters are not that uncommon. Like any place security or not people break in.

Perhaps the difference here is an adult would be detered or make a better effort not to be caught. These girls just didnt seem to care.

Ummmmmmm Errrrrrrrrr the first thing that comes to mind here is What about the security side of things. If a couple of kids can break in to my mind it leaves a lot to be desired about their security.

By the way, I hope when they are caught somebody kicks their backsides from here to breakfast time and back again.

It's an animal shelter - not a high security prison.

From my time in the security industry it'd take me no less than 2-3 minutes to break into any location, this includes disabling most alarms. Security is a myth, nothing is secure. Bolt cutters, wire cutters, whatever. Monitored alarms? It still takes security at least 10 minutes to respond most of the time.

Regardless, kids should be given some kind of punishment. Not so keen on punishing the parents. Glad the animals are okay.

Edited by NotMidol

This was absolutely appauling! I cannot believe it!?!? I could understand if the girls were letting them out to 'free' them but after seeing the girls drag the dog that was very well behaved, going back to its cage in fact, then have its legs pulled out from under it. AND i was disgusted to see the girls up the back throwing the animals, quite literally!

Absolutley the RSPCA needs to upgrade their security, but they quite often do not have much funds to do so and can only do the best job they can with what they have. I think the public neess to be abit more generous with donations, this can always help out the shelters.

It is very lucky that the public had the help of the community to bring back the lost animals, Im sure they would have been scared, excited, hungry and confused with the whole situation.

And those little girls most deffinantly need to have a speaking to, and some punishment. But everyone is right with the current punishment laws, most parents DONT do anything, and are not 'legally' allowed to. This is why all the youngsters have too much confidence in themselves these deays and no respect for adults and athourity!! They dont understand what is right and wrong or more to the point they dont care and can get away with it!

Hope this does not happen again!

From my time in the security industry it'd take me no less than 2-3 minutes to break into any location, this includes disabling most alarms.

Well that's good to know but you're not a ten year old kid so your experience breaking into things is irrelevant to this particular break in.