Rescue Dogs With Medical Problems

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you ask? Cos I'm not sure what the difference is between a rescue with Cushings on Trilostane and any other dog with Cushings on Trilostane. Are you asking about cost? Issues with the medication?

Only asking so I can find a rescue to donate to a dog in need.

I'm searching for a dog who is being cared for by a rescue organisation who has been diagnosed with Cushings disease and requires the drug Trilostane - I have some left over after the passing of my old boy and would like to donate to a rescue dog in need to help them through a little longer.

I have found a rescue dog with Monika's Doggie Rescue who requires Vetmedin for heart issues so Drayton will be the recipient of that....still searching for a rescue cushings boy/girl in need.

Not a rescue but I have a friend with an old cattle dog that has just spent thousands and thousands bringing her back from the brink and the bills are not over yet (shes still in care at thw bet hospital).

She has been diagnosed with cushings as part of the problem in the last week. She is a student and has financially destroyed herself giving her dog the medical treatment she needs to keep her alive but she feels it's totally worth it as she's almost out the other end now. She's been posting lots of sweet photos of the old girl as she's been visiting her at the vet every day. It's been so nice to see someone care and do so much for her old friend.

Not a rescue, I know, but thought I'd mention it just in case as she has fallen on very hard times financially from these (and now ongoing) vet bills.

It certainly is a hard one and expensive one to diagnose and to continually test and treat. Unfortunately that combined with heart problems and a completely collapsed airway requiring emergency surgery etc ran my credit card up to $18k in the last year for my boy but worth every cent. I definitely know what you're going through.

I definitely need a large dog on trilostane to give my medication to. 150mg is the dose my big guy was on. Its worth about $500 and is nearly a full bottle. Think I thought if I kept buying more medication he'd live forever....I tried :'(

1349013362[/url]' post='5972071']

It certainly is a hard one and expensive one to diagnose and to continually test and treat. Unfortunately that combined with heart problems and a completely collapsed airway requiring emergency surgery etc ran my credit card up to $18k in the last year for my boy but worth every cent. I definitely know what you're going through.

I definitely need a large dog on trilostane to give my medication to. 150mg is the dose my big guy was on. Its worth about $500 and is nearly a full bottle. Think I thought if I kept buying more medication he'd live forever....I tried :'(

What size tablets are they? Grumpy is on the 60 mg but I ran out recently and the vet only had 30 mg in stock. Had to give him two tablets at once.

I adopted my greyhound about a year ago but I'm suspecting he's got Cushing's in the last couple of weeks because of his recent increased water intake and bedwetting and he looks "fatter" than before. I'm going to take him to the vet but I've only got pet insurance since 3-4 months ago and am just wondering if Cushing's is covered by it?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay. Sheridan it seems I need to find a REALLY big dog to match the medication. I have capsules which were made up at a compounding pharmacy ordered by the vet...much harder than a tablet to cut/divide otherwise they'd have come your way in an instant first up :( I hope your little one is still going well. Jaeger how did you go? I have been in touch with no less than 20 vets now aiming to find a patient on this dose so they can pass the medication on but no word yet. Hoping to hear back today though