Small Growth On Dog's Mouth

Lisey

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to share their experience with me - a few weeks ago I noticed a small coral-like shaped growth on Eva's mouth. I watched it for a bit but nothing changed. I have taken her to the vet and they have given me 2 options. I can just wait and see if it changes/goes away. Or they can cut it off and send it away for testing..... She will need a general anathestic if it gets cut off. She is not quite 4 years old so I'm assuming she should bounce back quickly.

What would you do?

I've attached a couple of photos - it's not easy to get a clear photo of it.....

post-38281-0-38213700-1347425693_thumb.jpg

Our old Jack Russell occasionally had something similar but were black so I am not sure if they are the same thing. They used to fall off by themselves. We were living extremely remote and had no regular access to a vet back then or else I think that I would prefer to have it taken off and analysed.

If it proves to be nothing and then she gets another one you can leave it. But better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you. I'm about to go overseas for 3 weeks & have left instructions for my mum (who is looking after Eva) to go straight to the vet if it changes. I'll assess it when I get home to see if it looks any different. Forgot to mention that Eva doesn't seem to notice its there and it's not giving her pain, etc. The vet also gave her a check all over & said she was in great shape (apart from growth).