Trail A Boot

Rebanne

http://trailaboot.com.au/index.php

post-3047-0-00674600-1347250341_thumb.jpg

in the recent car thread there was lots of talk about what size, shape car to get to fit both dogs and gear.

Has anyone thought about or actually had one of the above? I like my dogs to travel in the car and usually just have my gear in the trailer which is a waste of a trailer really. So I was poking around the net and found these waterproof, lockable trailers. A 6 x 4 comes in at around $1800. Much cheaper then getting a bigger car.

Thanks for the link!

I also prefer having the dogs in the car rather than in a dog trailer, so would be buying a trailer for all my stuff for when I go for weekends away. These look like a great option and suitable for what I want!

Did you email for the price or is it somewhere on their website that I can't find? I am curious to know what a 4x4 would be....

Thanks for the link!

I also prefer having the dogs in the car rather than in a dog trailer, so would be buying a trailer for all my stuff for when I go for weekends away. These look like a great option and suitable for what I want!

Did you email for the price or is it somewhere on their website that I can't find? I am curious to know what a 4x4 would be....

I rang up and asked. You might like this, here, just a tad small for me!

yes thanks for that, also you can buy pods for your car roof

roof pod

i might look into that at some point

I've had a roof pod and they don't hold as much stuff as I need. Great for a couple of crates and a chair :) but not for a gazebo or two plus the weight factor does limit them. As does my wonky shoulder lifting stuff up that high :(

The longer I show for, the more stuff I seem to need :laugh:

But thank you :flower:

They look awesome! I have thought about a pod but have the wonky shoulder issue as well. There is no way I would manage to get a gazebo up into a roof pod.

I prefer the dogs in the car too and these look like a good alternative solution to a dog trailer loaded with stuff.

A friend and I started using the trailer years ago to cart all the dog gear in.

I now have a large station wagon to cart all my stuff in, (even the de luxe gazebo) but as she has a sedan she still uses the trailer.

It sure is an easy way to get all the gear to a dog show and as it was already there and hardly ever used there was no cost involved.

That's exactly what we have - it's brilliant. The dogs travel in the car (one in back seat, in a harness, and the others in the boot area of the station wagon) and all the show stuff goes in (and fills up!) the box trailer. The Deuxe gazebo fits in the box trailer, whereas only the Compact one fits in the car. We take so much stuff in the box trailer that after a day at a show 30 mins away, we were unpacking it and the neighbour asked if we'd been away for the weekend!

That's exactly what we have - it's brilliant. The dogs travel in the car (one in back seat, in a harness, and the others in the boot area of the station wagon) and all the show stuff goes in (and fills up!) the box trailer. The Deuxe gazebo fits in the box trailer, whereas only the Compact one fits in the car. We take so much stuff in the box trailer that after a day at a show 30 mins away, we were unpacking it and the neighbour asked if we'd been away for the weekend!

I don't intend to do too much unpacking :laugh: I might get my spare room back. Think I will be taking a trip down to check it out in person but have just about decided this is the way to go for now. Then I can keep my nifty little Mazda for a bit longer. ( I don't change cars very often, the last one I had for 20 years )

Edited by Rebanne