Kelpie Puppy Wanted For A Friend

Guest _MADCAT_

Guest _MADCAT_

Hey all,

My partner's workmate is after a Kelpie puppy, but there seems to only be 1 litter available... In Tasmania..

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone with Kelpie puppies available? he isn't into show dogs etc, he just wants a pet, whether it be working or not i'm not sure...

Sex isn't a problem unless I get told otherwise but I think he's ok with either a male or female.

He wants one but is willing to wait, and my partner being the angel he is said to go through Dogz Online to get a purebred well bred dog! (bless him)

So if anyone has puppies available, or know of litters due soon, please PM me with what is available, price etc.

Thank you!

Josie.

Guest _MADCAT_

Some of the pups from AWDRI are pure as well (surrendered litters) :)

Well I think we found the site to make him get a puppy (or possibly a bit older puppy)

Thank you so much for the link!! I've sent it to my partner to show his work mate!

Also pm'ed you :)

will let you know what he ends up deciding.

Guest _MADCAT_

:cheer: So many lovely dogs and puppies at AWDRI dumped for no good reason, I hope your friend and one of their beautiful pups can find a perfect match with each other :D

So many of lots of dogs being dumped for no good reason, all breeds :(

Bring on oscar's law!

But anyway, I really hope they allow interstate adopting as we're / he are in Adelaide. But I guess they can point us in the right direction! I'll keep an eye out at the RSPCA and AWL too for him..

They do such great work, and from what I hear really put a lot of effort into the training/housebreaking and rehab to rehoming process. So I imagine any time saved there would be a bonus!

Not that breeders don't do this, but then you get a karmic gold star too!

Could also try having a look in Melbourne? It's not as far as some?

There are so many beautiful working dogs & puppies in Working Dog Rescue. I had no idea, the sheer volume till I looked up the link provided just how many poor gorgeous Kelpies & alike that are in need of a good home.

It's so sad :( Everything crossed for them. Guess they aren't suited to most people as they are working dogs & need ample exercise & stimulation is the problem. Most folks wouldn't have the time they required

which is so very unfortunate.

Edited by BC Crazy

pounds & rescues have been full of working dogs & only ever 1 group of dogs more numerous would be your bull breeds. Unfortunatly people will continue to buy work dogs they have no work for which is pure madnes in my book. You would not buy a breed know for being very guardy to have somewhere people are coming n going all day so why buy a working dog when u have no work. If they dont have a sporting outlet of some kind working breeds go crazy & therefore get turfed out & end at the pound 7 the whole thing could have been so easily avoided if they had just brought a breed or type that suited thier lifestyles better.

If they dont have a sporting outlet of some kind working breeds go crazy & therefore get turfed out & end at the pound 7 the whole thing could have been so easily avoided if they had just brought a breed or type that suited thier lifestyles better.

Bit of a generalisation...

AWDRI has a lot of wonderful dogs - the young puppies go very quickly but there are also a lot of young, beautiful dogs. We just placed our second foster from AWDRI earlier this morning. You can see photos here. The first dog Ollie, was a Kelpie cross and has just been adopted. The second dog Nova, is a purebred Kelpie. He's been dumped twice, was completely untrained and neglected but in only two weeks he learned how to be a beautiful family member, learned how to sit, drop, spin, beg, speak on command, crawl and learned how to sleep in a crate. It was amazing how fast he learned and it was just awful that his previous owners had clearly never put a second of work into him.

The whole sporting outlet/needs lots of physical exercise thing is not true at all. We've had family emergencies before and our 2 Kelpies have gone for weeks without being walked and haven't gone bonkers. Not ideal I know but for these breeds, as long as they have a lot of human interaction, mental stimulation etc you actually don't need to walk them every day. People mistakenly think that you can tire out a Kelpie - you actually can't :p

Scout and Malvin caught my eye :love:

Scout and Mavin are gorgeous. I also had my eye on Gringo but he's become a failed foster :laugh: I also rather like Tanner, although he's not a puppy :)

Edited by koalathebear

• 2 weeks later...