Any Dog Clubs In Kalgoorlie?

whitka

No trials for around 6 years, no shows for around 8 I think.

Closest trials/shows are Albany and Perth, Geraldton. Perth is around 700kms away

I think there is only one Club now, there was the Kalgoorlie and Districts German Shepherd Dog Obedience Club as well. Not sure if they are still going or not. EGKC is.

Thanks :laugh: And I was complaining that there was hardly any trials where I was in Vic, all of a sudden driving a couple of hours to a trial doesnt seem so bad :o

I want to move to Perth now.

Edited by whitka

You will be able to make fun weekends of it though :thumbsup: There are usually clusters of trials in Perth, so if you choose the right weekend (e.g The Western Classic Weekend at the start of March) you will be able to compete in DWD, Agility, Jumping, Obedience and showing :)

Good idea think I will only choose big weekends. Just waiting for my boy to fully recover from surgery then fly him over to WA. I was thinking about maybe giving Rally O a go with him. He doesnt like Obdience and Agility is out of the question. Hmm maybe Tracking.

Guess it will depends on what the club here does.

Edited by whitka

Welcome to the West Whitka!

if youhave experience with obedience, Rally-O will be great for you, and something you can train on your own (or maybe if you join the club in Kal you can encourage them to run Rally-O!). I also know of someone that used to live in Kal, and she trained her dog for tracking completely on her own, and would come to perth for some of the trials.

Thanks ST :) I done a couple of obedience trials but that was a few years ago and havent really done anything else with him since. Toby can be very stubborn :laugh: But i've been wanting to try Rally O since it started in Aus so hopefully this will be something the stubborn one will enjoy. But maybe ill come to a Perth trail first so I can actually see what its like first hand :)

But maybe im getting ahead of myself he still has 5 weeks to go of his recovery so maybe I shoud wait to see what the vet says first before I think of getting him back into anything.

Edited by whitka