Email Re Bsl Protest

Blakbelgian

HI All,

I just checked my email (before coming here) and found the email below.

Did anyone else get it? Or know of clubs that got it?

Is it a legit protest?

Thanks

BB

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to invite you and your club along to our Protest Rally on Breed Specific legislation.

It is taking place on Sunday 28th of October in Melbourne (Steps of Parliament House) Starting around 12 pm.

We would like you to consider if you have not already the actions of the Victorian Government in introducing this ineffective and ill thought out legislation and it being a knee jerk reaction to a complex problem of lowering bite statistics in this state.

Many other countries have had or do have BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) in various forms. I will refer to you as case like Italy that, before it repealed the law, had 92 various breeds on its target list! Is your Breed next?

Will Australia head in the same direction?

I would hope we could change this legislation if enough people realize the effect it is having on dog lovers in this state and potentially the rest of Australia .Also its ineffectiveness at actually reducing bite statistics! It already has caused an immense amount of emotional pain and has cost the rate/tax payer hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We think the implementation of other more effective measures like those of the Calgary Model in Canada, would have a greater all round impact on our canine community .

I hope to see you and or a club representative/s there on the day to show the Victorian government that concerned dog owners of all breeds want change!

Here is a link to the protest site on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/events/340374216049853/

Regards

Protest organizer and fellow concerned dog owner

Justin Rudge

HI All,

I just checked my email (before coming here) and found the email below.

Did anyone else get it? Or know of clubs that got it?

Is it a legit protest?

Thanks

BB

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to invite you and your club along to our Protest Rally on Breed Specific legislation.

It is taking place on Sunday 28th of October in Melbourne (Steps of Parliament House) Starting around 12 pm.

We would like you to consider if you have not already the actions of the Victorian Government in introducing this ineffective and ill thought out legislation and it being a knee jerk reaction to a complex problem of lowering bite statistics in this state.

Many other countries have had or do have BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) in various forms. I will refer to you as case like Italy that, before it repealed the law, had 92 various breeds on its target list! Is your Breed next?

Will Australia head in the same direction?

I would hope we could change this legislation if enough people realize the effect it is having on dog lovers in this state and potentially the rest of Australia .Also its ineffectiveness at actually reducing bite statistics! It already has caused an immense amount of emotional pain and has cost the rate/tax payer hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We think the implementation of other more effective measures like those of the Calgary Model in Canada, would have a greater all round impact on our canine community .

I hope to see you and or a club representative/s there on the day to show the Victorian government that concerned dog owners of all breeds want change!

Here is a link to the protest site on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/events/340374216049853/

Regards

Protest organizer and fellow concerned dog owner

Justin Rudge

There is a rally begin organized for that date (28th October)via facebook. Didn't know they were emailing people. I think it is legit.