Changing Food

Tamara27

My two border collies have been on Black Hawk now for two years & they are lovely & fit, well muscled, absolutely no itching or skin problems. Coats are a little dry, but that's because they swim daily in the family pool, then sit in the sun to get dry & I don't rinse the pool water (Chlorine) off them. Only two poos a day & nice & firm...couldn't be happier. I thought I would give them a bit of a change, so last week bought a 6 kilo bag of Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch ($82) & have been mixing a little of that in with their BH. Their poos are now sloppy & smelly :( but I will give it a bit longer before I make a decision on it.

why on earth would you give your dogs a different food if they were doing so well on BH? :rofl:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two border collies have been on Black Hawk now for two years & they are lovely & fit, well muscled, absolutely no itching or skin problems. Coats are a little dry, but that's because they swim daily in the family pool, then sit in the sun to get dry & I don't rinse the pool water (Chlorine) off them. Only two poos a day & nice & firm...couldn't be happier. I thought I would give them a bit of a change, so last week bought a 6 kilo bag of Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch ($82) & have been mixing a little of that in with their BH. Their poos are now sloppy & smelly :( but I will give it a bit longer before I make a decision on it.

why on earth would you give your dogs a different food if they were doing so well on BH? :rofl:

To give them a completely different taste from lamb..I got the fish one. So what's so funny about that :confused: Are you calling me a liar or something. And at $82 for 6 kilos, I certainly wont be buying it again, especially if it makes their poos so sloppy I can't pick them up & the smell is so vile. I feel so sorry for your poor dogs...no variety in taste, seeing you have been using the same food with them since they were concieved.

To give them a completely different taste from lamb..I got the fish one. So what's so funny about that :confused: Are you calling me a liar or something. And at $82 for 6 kilos, I certainly wont be buying it again, especially if it makes their poos so sloppy I can't pick them up & the smell is so vile. I feel so sorry for your poor dogs...no variety in taste, seeing you have been using the same food with them since they were concieved.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well I for one wonder why you would feed your dogs anything but BH as in your own words you couldn't be happier :shrug: