Hard Life Being A Dog Here

smisch

We have a king size bed, you'd think that would be heaps of room for my husband and I. But add 1 x german shepherd, 1 x cattle dog, 1 x chihuahua, 1 x pomeranian and the odd cat or two (one of whom believes my pillow is HIS pillow), there is very little room left. We also have four pups, but the german shepherd won't let them sleep on the bed at night (fine with them being on the bed during the day), so they sleep in their own room off our room (weird house layout).

My husband often works away from home, so you'd think I'd be looking forward to all the extra space in the bed when he's away. But no, german shepherd then decides he is the man of the house and so sleeps sprawled out in "daddy's" spot, complete with head on "daddy's" pillow. Poor old "mum" - me - still gets squished up in a corner.

We were seriously thinking of getting another king size bed and having them both side-by-side, but I know what would happen - hubby would starfish out all on his own in one bed and I would still be squished up in a corner with everyone else in the other bed!

Due to the puppies claiming our bed as their personal playground during the day and us going to bed with bits of stick, chewed up toys and other "treasures" they have buried in it during the day, we've decided to raise our bed up (too high for puppies to jump up!) and make a dog den underneath it.

I rehomed one of my foster dogs to a lovely lady who knocked out a bedroom wall to fit a king size bed in the bedroom, just so her small dogs could fit comfortably on the bed. :)

Now that's the kind of person you want to rehome a dog too!! Brilliant! :laugh:

It sure is!!Love it :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic