I Need Help...

MsDani

So very sorry for what you're going through MsDani - but trust yourselves that you are doing right by your lovely boy. As hard as it is for you, he will be out of pain, and at peace - and as many have said, that is a great gift that we can, and must, give our beloved animals. I doubt if there are any DOLers here who are not shedding tears for you, and for the pets for whom they have had to make the big decision.

It sounds like your boy had a great life, and you will have wondrful memories of your happy times together. :grouphug:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm not coping because I know no matter what I do, I will lose him in the end.

has always come running to me when he's sick/scared - but this time I can't fix it.

You have described exactly how I felt ( and others on this thread )

Sadly we cant fix their problem even though we want to

I myself didnt see a sign from Tara

I did with Sam I picked up on it the night before he passed away at home

Tara I remember a few weeks before my decision I said to myself " its time " she had lost weight , and just wandered around looking for me and getting caught in corners :(

It took me a few weeks to make the decsision and then I had to get OH to accept it

It was hard that last day or so until the day arrived back in June

her passing over was so peacefull for her ,

she was spoilt more than normal and had her treats as I held in my arms for her final cuddle

She looked so peacefull and out of pain , and that vision will stay for me forever

I had to do it for her

broke my heart and hurts liek hell missing her BUT I know

I did the right thing by her and for her to be at peace

Dang I have in tears again for what you going through :cry::cry:

He's gone and I'm unbelievably numb...

He's free from pain & distress that had no place to go, but worse. You gave him peace in a better place.

I know that feeling... it takes every shred of love to do what's the hardest thing.

Hugs.

The pain is starting to set in now! :cry:

It will hurt .

LOTS.

accept that it will..and don't try & 'get over it '..or 'cope' , or 'smarten up'

Your little dog was with you , filling a very special spot in your heart for many years ..and now your path is a different one to his . His is now free & easy ..yours suddenly has rocks and holes . So .. you need to have someone on whom to lean ... and walk a bit slower for a little while , until you find that the path is getting less rugged.

The pain is starting to set in now! :cry:

It will hurt .

LOTS.

accept that it will..and don't try & 'get over it '..or 'cope' , or 'smarten up'

Your little dog was with you , filling a very special spot in your heart for many years ..and now your path is a different one to his . His is now free & easy ..yours suddenly has rocks and holes . So .. you need to have someone on whom to lean ... and walk a bit slower for a little while , until you find that the path is getting less rugged.

+ 1 Beautifully said Persephone.

Hi, I have been reading but not yet posted anything. Very sad, I have tears now. Hugs to you Ms Dani, so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately when we lose our heart to a dog we know eventually we will have to go through something like what you are going through right now....they just don't live long enough and us humans outlive them.

You have done the right thing and your dear friend is at peace now.

We understand your pain, and off our deepest sympathies.

Grieving is a process that we all deal with differently, and you have to choose what is right with you. Some of us like to bottle up our feelings until we are by ourselves, others like to share their feelings.

Some like to write about the good times they had with their pet (or human), some like to make a scrapbook, others like to plant a tree, and others like to carry a momento with them.

We are all happy to help you share your grief, and everyone offers a big group hug. Your feeling of loss is very real, even though those who have not loved pets may not understand that the grief runs just as deep. It all feels like a big black cloud at the moment, but you will come out the other side, and realise that you and your dog had the best time together possible.