Crate Buying

DobieMum

Im sorry, I've ready plenty of topics on this already, but I searched last night and couldn't find what I was looking for. Can I please have some websites on places to buy crates please. I need at least a 42" probably more a 48". The cheaper ones are fine too as I probably only will be using it outside the ring, to swap dogs over, when they're in camp they're in the trailer and I have a kennel at home.

Cheers All

Whatever one you get check the quality of the tray. Some are strong and durable, others are very thin and brittle. An example of a really good quality one can be found in the TFH brand from Petstock. I'd strongly recommend using that to physically compare to other less expensive products. Replacing a tray that has cracked from the dog sitting on it is not an easy process. If you're in Melbourne I'll happily show you a side by side comparison of TFH 48" trays and one from another often recommended brand that failed dismally. The difference in quality is as plain as day.

I have 2 metal crates & the TFH one is excellent quality. Very strong & durable. It's 5 years old & like brand new & it's been very well travelled. My other one is a Vebo one. Excellent value for money. Was quite a bit cheaper than the TFH but still very sturdy & not showing any signs of age :)