Dogs Vic Registration Query

Guest Panzer Attack!

Guest Panzer Attack!

Hi everyone, just wanted some quick nods to let me know I'm approaching this right, and a couple of questions I need answered. My breeder is in NT and is delightfully helpful all the time but obviously doesn't know the VIC system!

So I've got a mains register Papillon. I have my application for new membership. I've ticked the ordinary membership and also ticked the add transfer of dog box, as his pedigree papers have already been signed by his breeder, and I've filled out the back of the papers too (to have him transferred into my name).

He is neutered, and this is where I'm running into a bit of trouble. Do I send his desexing certificate in with all the other forms? Is there an extra fee I need to pay as well as getting him transferred into my name to get him transferred to the neuter register? Is there another form I've missed on the site??

I've never had a purebred dog before and I've never been part of a dogs registry either so this is going a bit over my head! I want to neuter show him and participate in dog sport trials.

Thanks so much :)

Hi everyone, just wanted some quick nods to let me know I'm approaching this right, and a couple of questions I need answered. My breeder is in NT and is delightfully helpful all the time but obviously doesn't know the VIC system!

So I've got a mains register Papillon. I have my application for new membership. I've ticked the ordinary membership and also ticked the add transfer of dog box, as his pedigree papers have already been signed by his breeder, and I've filled out the back of the papers too (to have him transferred into my name).

He is neutered, and this is where I'm running into a bit of trouble. Do I send his desexing certificate in with all the other forms? Is there an extra fee I need to pay as well as getting him transferred into my name to get him transferred to the neuter register? Is there another form I've missed on the site??

I've never had a purebred dog before and I've never been part of a dogs registry either so this is going a bit over my head! I want to neuter show him and participate in dog sport trials.

Thanks so much :)

You will need to send in his desexing certificate to change his reg to a neuter - it is $15.00 from memory but there are no forms - just write a quick note or take it in personally.

So you will need to pay for your membership, to transfer the dog into your name and to change his reg to the neuter listing. Just ring the office to check the amount for the neuter - even though I've just done one a month ago I couldn't tell you how much it was !!!.

Also remember to take copies of all your documents before handing them over.

Good luck.