Pentax K30 Vs Canon 60d

CrazyCresties

A friend is buying a camera for his partner for his birthday and asked my advice. I pointed him in the direction of a 60D kit with the 18-135mm IS lens as his budget is ~ $1500. He went to the camera shop and the guy there recommended the Pentax K30 over the 60D as it "shoots faster". Now I don't have a clue about Pentax cameras, but the range of lenses and 3rd party lens options was one potential issue I though off.

Just looking for some advice really :confused: He has his own business that keeps him very busy, but he is looking to get into photography as a hobby a bit more.

Cheers :D

Shoots faster? What does that mean?

There's no lag time with a dslr.

Does he mean frames per second? I think, from memory they're pretty close in the 5.2/5.3 per second range? I think the Canon edges out the Pentax in number of RAWs before the buffer fills, but the Pentax gets a few more with jpeg. There should be a bunch of online places to look for the tech specs, I'd think.

There's a lot less support from real world users with Pentax which can be a consideration. But from what I hear - never laid hands on one or done too much research - it's not a bad entry option & has some nice pros, though you're committed down the track a bit depending what they release next and your friend's needs.

Thanks kja :)

Shoots faster? What does that mean?

lol, that was my reaction too, which is why I wondered if he was just trying to fob him off with something more profitable for the shop :laugh:

On paper it looks like a decent enough camera, I may advise him to try and pursuade his OH to actually go and try them, but I think he wants it to be a surprise.....