Blood Tests

JulesP

I've never had to wait more than a day or two for blood tests before. My cat had his first lot of bloods taken on 3rd August. After calling all the next week I was told on the 10th August that his blood had been lost! Went back in on the 10th August and had more blood taken.

I still don't have results!!

Has anyone had to wait this long for results?

Seems a long time - have you called again to ask?

Often I get the "we will call when the results come in" from my vet, but I end up having to call as they either get too busy and forget, or it just slips through the cracks.

Depend on what the blood is getting tested for.. Sometimes you get the results in 48 hours, but I once had to wait 2 weeks for one of Charlie's result

Pathologist has certain days to test stuff, so one day they do blood test looking for certain things... also sometimes they have to use different machine etc.

:( waiting sucks

Edited by W Sibs

I waited 2mths for blood tests to be done in Melbourne. Cracked the shits and sent them to the US and had results in under a week even with shipping- and it was the same price for 10 tests as it was going to be for 2 tests done in the Melbourne lab....

Best of luck with the results.

Edited by Jumabaar