Nikon J1 Ior Pentax Pen Mini?

Rozzie

No experience with either but I think the Nikon sounds ok, there are so many CSC's out now, I think if you spend around $500 - $700 will get you a great camera for all occasions.

THIS is the newest mirrorless from Canon, it looks great. Also thier newest CSC is the G1X, I do have it and its great.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Is your friend a serious photographer or just wants something to take good photos?

Any of the mirrorless or compact system camera would be ok, the mirrorless have still got interchangeable lenses so you still have options but they are much easier to get your head around than the slr and are a bit more user freindly although they do all have a lot of the manual settings the DSLRS have.

I like the Panasonic GF5. here It's small, not much bigger than some of the compact cameras and comes with a collapsible lens.

As it's a micro 4/3rds camera she could use either Panasonic or the Olympus Pen lenses if she wanted to expand. It has lots of special effects built in as well, like soft focus, high dynamic and toy camera.

I really do want it myself! :laugh:

Edited by Impatiens