Decisions Decisions

In the other thread you were concerned about the poms meeting breed standards and the breeder being ethical confused.gif If you go to a byb you are less likely to get the standard - may not even get purebred despite the promises.

The pom breeder is registered, my main concern was that she had 6 puppies from the one litter and I was advised that this was an impossibility in toy poms so therefore I had doubts that she may not have been truthful in saying that they were all litter mates, after lengthy phone conversations and speaking to her vet, my mind was put at ease in relation to these doubts. The vet was able to confirm that the dam did indeed deliver all 6 puppies. I have grown to like this lady and she is definitely a very caring lady in so many ways that I feel a tad guilty in having doubts but I guess being bitten more than twice I couldn't help it. I have decided to go ahead with the pup and she will be arriving tomorrow. I have copies of the rego papers. She also suggested that I transfer only half of the payment before she arrives and the balance after I've picked her up, there aren't many that would be prepared to take that risk, I don't think I would. Another surprise, I have purchased the japanese spitz as well, I have him with me right this minute, he is gorgeous, please don't come down hard on me for being honest and admitting that he is from a byb, she lives 5 mins down the road from me, I went to her place on 3 separate occasions and got to see the pups and the mum & dad. They are raised superbly and although she may not breed for the show ring, she only breeds one litter a year for the pure enjoyment of it, she is by no means a puppy farmer and in fact is very picky about letting the pups go, she has asked me a myriad of questions to ensure that I know enough about dogs to provide them with adequate care.

:banghead:

In the other thread you were concerned about the poms meeting breed standards and the breeder being ethical confused.gif If you go to a byb you are less likely to get the standard - may not even get purebred despite the promises.

The pom breeder is registered, my main concern was that she had 6 puppies from the one litter and I was advised that this was an impossibility in toy poms so therefore I had doubts that she may not have been truthful in saying that they were all litter mates, after lengthy phone conversations and speaking to her vet, my mind was put at ease in relation to these doubts. The vet was able to confirm that the dam did indeed deliver all 6 puppies. I have grown to like this lady and she is definitely a very caring lady in so many ways that I feel a tad guilty in having doubts but I guess being bitten more than twice I couldn't help it. I have decided to go ahead with the pup and she will be arriving tomorrow. I have copies of the rego papers. She also suggested that I transfer only half of the payment before she arrives and the balance after I've picked her up, there aren't many that would be prepared to take that risk, I don't think I would. Another surprise, I have purchased the japanese spitz as well, I have him with me right this minute, he is gorgeous, please don't come down hard on me for being honest and admitting that he is from a byb, she lives 5 mins down the road from me, I went to her place on 3 separate occasions and got to see the pups and the mum & dad. They are raised superbly and although she may not breed for the show ring, she only breeds one litter a year for the pure enjoyment of it, she is by no means a puppy farmer and in fact is very picky about letting the pups go, she has asked me a myriad of questions to ensure that I know enough about dogs to provide them with adequate care.

:banghead:

What the heck?

Guest donatella

I very much doubt a bred to standard 2kg bitch had 6 puppies but I am not a breeder so could be wrong.

Glad you got what you were after in the end :)

If you are seeking advice to choose a BYB over an ANKC registered breeder you are asking the wrong forum.

Oops too late - two babies now. And of course both breeders knew and agreed to that? I doubt it. :(

How do you think a baby pom is going to cope being monstered by a pup more than twice its size????

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I am glad you are happy . to have both your favourite breeds ...and I hope that they stay healthy and happy. :)

Thank you for your kind words, Persephone....fingers crossed that they will stay healthy. As I've said before, I've had bad luck from both sides of the fence and there is no doubting that there are some great reg. breeders as well as some doubtful ones so time is the essence.