Canon Eos Photo 5

• 2 weeks later...

it's not cut off, it's when it opens up to allow submissions so you've still got time.

I'm thinking of entering one of these pics that I took earlier this year. Which one do you prefer?

I know they're not exactly wind, but I'm sure the dogs had a 55 kph wind in their face when they were running that fast, and I think they really just mean they want the brief to convey movement.

7240443190_41d67fa18d.jpg

5F6A0321dpptcr by kirislin, on Flickr

7238670546_2d8ca0bca1.jpg

5F6A0312dpptcr by kirislin, on Flickr

7396795848_f38d5a63a3.jpg

IMG_1588dpptc by kirislin, on Flickr

6688434151_5ed9f25fc3.jpg

IMG_8199dppt cr by kirislin, on Flickr

6344601335_a0aca4b6be.jpg

IMG_5632dppc by kirislin, on Flickr

6385493955_a0a340f6a9.jpg

IMG_5630dpptc by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

Having read the brief I think those photos fit perfectly Kirislin. I personally think the fifth one is the best fit though as you can really see the wind pushing the ears back. :)

It's definitely windy today but I'm feeling absolutely buggered and not up to going out doing photographs so I've decided to take a leaf out of your book and go through some old photos and see what I can come up with.

You're probably right, but I'm guessing right as you were replying I just decided to go with the first one, it's in. I think as long as you enter something you'll get a box. My last years photo wasn't very good at all but they still sent me a box.

Having read the brief I think those photos fit perfectly Kirislin. I personally think the fifth one is the best fit though as you can really see the wind pushing the ears back. :)

It's definitely windy today but I'm feeling absolutely buggered and not up to going out doing photographs so I've decided to take a leaf out of your book and go through some old photos and see what I can come up with.

You're probably right, but I'm guessing right as you were replying I just decided to go with the first one, it's in. I think as long as you enter something you'll get a box. My last years photo wasn't very good at all but they still sent me a box.

What was in the box?

What was in the box?

we dont know yet, you have to submit a photo to find out. It usually contains 5 briefs/challenges.

Are the briefs usually hard? I wouldn't mind having a go.

give it a go, the wind one should be easy for you since you take your gang out in the open alot. If you enter they'll send you the box, it's not compulsory to enter anymore briefs and I dont think I have, but it's fun playing around, even if you dont enter.

becandcharch had one of her photos used in their advertising campaign, it was even on TV. I dont recall if they actually paid her money but she got a speedlite and something else I think. You just never know what could happen.

Oh I remember Charch being on the add. I will go through my beach shots from today there might be something I could use.

Yeah it was funny, they gave him a different name and a bloke did the voice over with a made up story, but we were all so excited when the ad would come on. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My box arrived today. I've been looking at the briefs, spaghetti is supposed to be portraiture, but alot of people dont seem to realise.

I love the tiny people, I wonder if everyone gets the same ones, I've got a little man waving and a blonde lady with what might be a platter, she's so tiny I cant make it out.