Aarrgh, When Will Tax Time Be Over?

Simply Grand

I know, why is this on a dog forum? Because ITP has an ad that keeps playing which has these beeps while they tick things off on a list that set Saxon off barking EVERY time! Then of course the other two start barking as well :(

When Saxon hears a dog on tv he'll usually calm down when I tell him "TV dog" but "TV noise" doesn't seem to work, even though he must have heard the ad 100 times now. Maybe he thinks the only thing saving us all from the beeps is his scary barking (eye roll)

Sigh, just a vent about my hugely useful watch dogs...

I know, why is this on a dog forum? Because ITP has an ad that keeps playing which has these beeps while they tick things off on a list that set Saxon off barking EVERY time! Then of course the other two start barking as well :(

When Saxon hears a dog on tv he'll usually calm down when I tell him "TV dog" but "TV noise" doesn't seem to work, even though he must have heard the ad 100 times now. Maybe he thinks the only thing saving us all from the beeps is his scary barking (eye roll)

Sigh, just a vent about my hugely useful watch dogs...

When we first adopted our lil girl she was off the scale reactive.....including beeps on tv or even the noise when the volume was changed! We used positive reinforcement training (good girlllllll *treat* Beep...no bark...good girlllllll *treat*). It took some time but worked a treat, no reacting anymore :thumbsup:

Really!?! It never occurred to me to train him out of it! It should have, you know how you miss the obvious sometimes. I've just been talking in another thread about the "look at that" game and getting my girl to look to me rather than do her bad habits, training Sax not to bark at tv would be similar...

Question is, can I be bothered when I'm sitting in front of the tv at night? ;)

Yep - the exact same training - the beeps will become a good thing then something they don't even notice :)

Ha ha, it does take a little time, but it's worth it! It was also part of lil girls training as a whole - she was so insecure. It was nicer doing that training than when we would spend evenings sat on the pavement positively reinforcing bikes, people, buses, cars, trees.......... :laugh:

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie