Nsw Public Lands Management Submissions - Closes Aug 3

sidoney

I received a forwarded email today. Seems there have not been many submissions to the Inquiry. Now is the time to say something and have an input. If you live in NSW and have any interest in use and management of public lands in NSW, go and make a submission, doesn't have to be a big one.

Please share as widely as you can!

Link:

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/committee.nsf/0/18B4C6B001E0D367CA2579E9000215C2

Hi folks, this Upper House Committee Inquiry, of which I am Chairman, will take submissions from all stakeholders and members of the Public, up until 3rd August. That is only one week away (Note: less than that now.). Submissions to the Inquiry have been a little light-on to date -particularly given the huge amount of emails I have received over the years concerning the management of Public Land in NSW(National Parks;State Forests: Crown Land; Council reserves etc.)

I would expect therefore to have seen submissions from farmers, beekeepers, fishers, foresters, fossickers, off-road bikers and 4WDers, Local Government....the list goes on. Please spread the word as far as you can, and encourage people to HAVETHEIR SAY.

Details of the Inquiry, can be found at this website......http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/committee.nsf/0/18B4C6B001E0D367CA2579E9000215C2

Simply click on the website, and follow the instructions for making a submission. The site also contains details of where and when we will be holding Public Hearings In the Southern Riverina, the North West, New England, North Coast and Sydney. We want to hear your views, complaints, accolades, and most importantly, your suggestions on how Public Land Management can be improved in NSW .

Have a look at the terms of reference attached below. Is your access to Public Land less than acceptable ( eg., access to beaches or impoundments for fishing; access to public land for vehicular recreation; access to public land for horse-riding)?

Are you a neighbour to a Public Land Estate? Do you believe the Public Land Managers are "responsible" neighbours?

Is your livelihood linked to Public Land ( eg., forestry; beekeeping;tourism; grazing)?Do you have a view on the efficiency and competence of Public Land Managers in NSW?

Do you have any views on the overall "organisation" or "coordination"of PL Management in NSW across the various agencies ( CatchmentManagement Authorities/NPWS/State Forests/ Dept. Lands/LHPAs/LocalGovernment/Public Utilities)?

Your submissions don't have to be complicated, simply write to The Committee and offer your ideas and suggestions. If you wish to appear at one of the Public Hearings, please make that request at the conclusion of your submission.

Regards, Robert Brown MLC Shooters and Fishers Party Parliament House Sydney Phone 02 9230 3059 URL: www.parliament.nsw.gov.auI nternet e-mail: [email protected]

Edited by sidoney

I just submitted and it didn't take me long. This is what I wrote. Others' views may vary.

I have a few thoughts about management of public lands. I am a horse and dog owner and bushwalker.

1. Allow access to horses wherever reasonable - where they will not damage areas. I believe and have seen evidence that horses are less destructive than wheeled vehicles.

2. Allow access to dogs wherever reasonable. Not in areas that have endangered wildlife, for instance, but no need to be overly restrictive. Should be reasonable expectations on control of dogs, in many areas verbal control may be enough.

3. I have seen many areas over-run by invasive weeds. I think there should be a concerted programme to eradicate the invasive weeds.

4. Allow low impact camping in many areas including camping with horses and dogs in areas in which they are allowed. Reasonable expectations on people of fire control and reduction of damage (e.g. I have a portable fireplace which I can use), also on removal of rubbish, etc.