'i'm A Good Dog'

Sheridan

I don't know if people are aware of Kickstarter. It's a website where people put forward requests to crowdsource funding of their projects. Some are films, some are books, or music. People like Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer use Kickstarter for their projects a fair amount. Some projects are funded to 1000s of a per cent of the actual amount requested. Some are never funded at all. It all depends on what takes people's fancy. Other sites like Kickstarter are Pozible and Sponsume but Kickstarter is probably the best known. I keep an eye out for interesting projects on these sites. People can send $1.00 or send $100 or whatever amount you want. The theory is that it is hard these days to get a lot of funding out of one company/person but if a thousand people contribute $10.00 then that's $10,000 of funding. Many hands make light work.

Anyway, I was looking on Kickstarter for interesting projects and typed in the word 'dog' to see what came up. There's a few but given there's a fair few pitbull fans here on DOL, I thought I'd bring this one to people's attention. I have no involvement with this project and indeed, am not sponsoring it. I just found it a few minutes ago.

I'm a Good Dog Tour

I'm a Good Dog is a history and celebration of the American Pit Bull and its owners, from Dr. Seuss and Helen Keller to Bernadette Peters and others. While the book is about dogs, the message is universal: everyone should be judged as an individual.

Beginning October 25th, I'll be taking the book and its message to the following cities: Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, Ann Arbor, New Orleans, Austin, New York, Baltimore, Providence, Memphis, Jackson, Biloxi and, of course, New Orleans. I'm hoping you will help this project along the way, as each contribution, at any level, will help pay for no-frills travel, posters, kenneling and all the other basic necessities to pull off three weeks on the road.