Perth Zoo 2012

Fantastic shots, love the little bird, he is looking at you so intently! :) Looks like you have a lovely afternoon.

What lens/lenses did you use if you don't mind me asking? I think you have the sigma 17 - 70? I am thinking of getting this lens, I have seen your pics on flickr and they are fabulous!

Edited by tlc

Looks like a great trip!

I think a couple of the black/whites in particular could maybe do with less blocky blacks as I think right now the blacks are so dominating that we lose some of the textures & details that would provide more connection & punch. YMMV

Thanks everyone :D

What lens/lenses did you use if you don't mind me asking? I think you have the sigma 17 - 70? I am thinking of getting this lens, I have seen your pics on flickr and they are fabulous!

Cheers tlc :) These were all taken with my new Sigma f2.8 70-200mm. The Lemur and Gibbon are heavy crops as they were on islands in the middle of a lake, so I was pretty pleased with the quality from this lens :) I do have the Sigma 17-70mm as well and find it a very versatile lens.

kja - thanks for the tip, I pretty much suck at B&W so use presets and tweek. I've said before I need to start a thread in the Hints section about B&W advice - I'll try and do that tonight as I'm not improving :laugh: