Thumbs Up To My Oh

Remarkabull

Sitting in our lounge room and saw an off lead dog trot across our front lawn. We jumped up and as I got to the front door I saw a lady causally strolling down the road watching the dog. It stopped on neighbours yard and shit on their lawn, while she was watching, and she called it back and went into a house across the street! I'm assuming she is a guest there as I've not seen her or the dog before.

So hubby and I are furious and I want to do something but not sure what, so hubby gets a bag, walks over to the house and offers her the bag to pick up the poo! He said she tried to say that she was getting a bag and going back to get it anyway but she was sitting down watching telly when he got to the front door.

I'm so proud of him :)

:laugh: good work!!

We drove past a woman walking a greyhound the other day and as we were slowly passing it took a great big dump on the footpath and the woman just kept walking!!

So my OH rolled the window down and shouted out " I guess you've guy a bag for that sh*t?!?" :laugh:

Classic, she was embarrassed, as she should have been with her little girl on the other side, what a great example to set :eek:

i had a chat to a guy who works in traffic management in our state - the ones who watch the traffic cameras, provide the traffic jam reports and fiddle the lights to improve traffic flow - I swear if he's on when I'm driving - I get all red lights...

Anyway if they see a stray dog on a highway - they used to ring the relevant council - but councils across Adelaide - now only send rangers to pick up dogs if they're "restrained" or "contained" in some way. Ie joe public has to catch the dog and lock it up before the ranger will come.

Pretty bad when the rangers won't come when the traffic monitors call them.

i had a chat to a guy who works in traffic management in our state - the ones who watch the traffic cameras, provide the traffic jam reports and fiddle the lights to improve traffic flow - I swear if he's on when I'm driving - I get all red lights...

Anyway if they see a stray dog on a highway - they used to ring the relevant council - but councils across Adelaide - now only send rangers to pick up dogs if they're "restrained" or "contained" in some way. Ie joe public has to catch the dog and lock it up before the ranger will come.

Pretty bad when the rangers won't come when the traffic monitors call them.

Thats horrible. Accident waiting to happen if there's a dog loose on a highway/busy road.

It's not only Adelaide councils that won't come unless the animal is "restrained or contained"... there are some in Sydney who are exactly the same - don't want to actually have to look for and catch the stray themselves.

T.

While I don't necessarily condone Council's not coming out unless the animal is contained, I can completely understand it.

Of probably 30+ calls I've had that 'there's a dog wandering on X street', I've managed to find the dog once.

Even if you jump straight in the car and go, realistically it's going to take you ten minutes to get there and that is a hell of a lot of time for a dog to travel. You go out, you drive around all the surrounding streets and then you go back because the dog is long gone.

So I can completely understand why some Council's are doing that now.