Doggie Issue

Hi crisovar, my dog does not need a new owner, before you criticize me, let me tell you, I have gone in debt for my animals, they are my number 1 priority, I did take her to a vet, obviously not the right one, I have since found another vet, whom has explained what grand maul seizures are & what happens, which other vet didn't, we are on meds now.

The other vet suggested to pts but I didn't feel it was time.

Another thing I love this bloody dog, I rescued her as a pup, taught her how to walk on a lead, & not all humans are going to beat her.

Another thing this dog has gotten me through some very dark times in my life. Eg, try having a subnaracnoid bleed & stroke, and see how you feel, it was my dog who laid with me when I got out of hospital after 3 months, it was she who put a smile on my face, when I'd cry all the time, knowing my life would never be as it was. It was my dog who I only remembered out of all our animals.

Now it me who sits on the floor with her when she has the seizures, it's now me who cleans up after her, it's me who will have to make the decision to let her go, it will be me who digs her grave. It's me who will miss her terribly.

It's me who posted on this forum for advice, it's me who took the advise,

Now tell me if she needs a new owner.

Good on you for seeing another vet.....I am wondering how the she is doing on the medication ? The first couple of weeks with my dog were terrible but now a month into it and he is doing great...I hope your girl does well on the medication too. :)

Hi all, it's very early days, thankyou those who had nice advice, I'm pleased that I took others advise, as the vet I had kind of brushed it off. I'm now understanding just how serious things are. Yes the vet has told me she maybe zombied a little but she's on a low dose. So we can ajust it. We've been booked in for a brain scan, I've been investigating grand mals. I was able to ask vet questions, and I know feel a lot informed. Plus it helped to know vets dog has same prob, so I didn't feel stupid. Trying to describe what she was doing.

Once again thanks to those that advised me to get second opinion. Being a vet I thought they were doing the right thing.

How wrong was I.

Thanks again.

Hi all, it's very early days, thankyou those who had nice advice, I'm pleased that I took others advise, as the vet I had kind of brushed it off. I'm now understanding just how serious things are. Yes the vet has told me she maybe zombied a little but she's on a low dose. So we can ajust it. We've been booked in for a brain scan, I've been investigating grand mals. I was able to ask vet questions, and I know feel a lot informed. Plus it helped to know vets dog has same prob, so I didn't feel stupid. Trying to describe what she was doing.

Once again thanks to those that advised me to get second opinion. Being a vet I thought they were doing the right thing.

How wrong was I.

Thanks again.

It's so hard to know when to trust advice you're given and when to seek a second opinion, especially if you're dealing with something uncomon or that you've never heard of before. I'm really glad you've found a vet that you're comfortable with and whose advice you trust - stick with them! I've got a great one too and I'm so thankful. Until meeting them I'd never had the kind of genuine trust in a vet before, so I'm more than happy to recommend them to people seeking second opinions, or who need to have a good experience with a vet! Even the locum vet they had in the other day was good :thumbsup:

Anyway - glad to hear that things are under control, and I'm really sorry that you felt attacked by people here. There is a lot of good advice and experience on this forum, but it can definitely be a bit in-your-face at first! Stick around though, there are lots of really lovely people here, and I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm a far better dog owner because of it :)

How wrong was I.

Thanks again.

So pleased you are getting on top of it. Hope it continues to go well as you tweek the dosage. :)