4mth Whippet Cross (light Brindle) Puppy In Nsw Pound

I've been asked to highlight this girl with nowhere to go. She will be medium sized when fully grown.

A fellow rescuer with no room has seen this girl in the pound, she's calm for one so young and appears disinterested in dogs in the next runs.

Obviously I'd advocate meet and greet for anyone thinking about taking her on but she is young and estimated to be 4 months of age.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the person who contacted me.

post-4751-0-39852600-1343118242_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogmad

She will be coming to my place on saturday... and apparently is a bit bigger than indicated in that picture...

Not to worry, she won't be as big as my largest puppy foster ever - he was 35kgs at 7 months, and fit into my pack just fine.

T.

Well - this "little" miss is certainly not a Whippet cross, and not 4 months old either.

Her teeth indicate that she's finished at least her first teething stage, so she'd probably be around 6 months old.

And the fact that she's already the height of a fully grown Whippet - with obviously more growing to do judging by her feet and wrists - I'm thinking she's most likely a Greyhound cross. She looks very Greyhound in shape except for her ears.

She is great with people - especially if you have treats - instant best friend forever... lol! She also takes the treats very gently without any snapping.

She is not so sure about my lot, so far she's growled and lunged at Pickles and Zeddy, and won't go near Trouble at all. I'm reserving judgement until tomorrow though, as we did arrive home late and she hasn't had much time to settle properly. She growled at me when I patted her while she was eating too, but I think that can be fixed pretty easily.

I have her in a huge crate in my lounge room right now, and my girls have been going in and bumping noses with her every now and then with no growling from either party - so hoping she'll settle and get into the swing of things soonish. She doesn't mind the crate at all, and has settled down for a sleep.

She travels brilliantly in the car - no vomiting or whining - always a big plus.

T.

Well - this "little" miss is certainly not a Whippet cross, and not 4 months old either.

Her teeth indicate that she's finished at least her first teething stage, so she'd probably be around 6 months old.

And the fact that she's already the height of a fully grown Whippet - with obviously more growing to do judging by her feet and wrists - I'm thinking she's most likely a Greyhound cross. She looks very Greyhound in shape except for her ears.

She is great with people - especially if you have treats - instant best friend forever... lol! She also takes the treats very gently without any snapping.

She is not so sure about my lot, so far she's growled and lunged at Pickles and Zeddy, and won't go near Trouble at all. I'm reserving judgement until tomorrow though, as we did arrive home late and she hasn't had much time to settle properly. She growled at me when I patted her while she was eating too, but I think that can be fixed pretty easily.

I have her in a huge crate in my lounge room right now, and my girls have been going in and bumping noses with her every now and then with no growling from either party - so hoping she'll settle and get into the swing of things soonish. She doesn't mind the crate at all, and has settled down for a sleep.

She travels brilliantly in the car - no vomiting or whining - always a big plus.

T.

Oh no T, she sounds like a challenge .... i wasn't sure what she was from the photo - i'd like to see more pics of her when you have time, she seems to have a bit of a bully face with the sighthound shape ... I'm not sure who at the pound thought she was so young. I'm no expert on that sort of thing personally.

Glad she's happy in the crate, sounds like she needs to chill.

Keep us posted ...

She is quite happy to be crated - settled just fine, and not a peep from her at all. I will try more introduction today and see how she goes. I really think she's had little interaction with other dogs, and once she realises mine are no threat, she may settle OK. She's really quite sweet in all other respects, but a little confused at all the changes in her short life so far.

We took some pics yesterday at the rescue, and I'll post some once I've loaded them to the computer and sorted out the wheat from the chaff...

T.

She's a lovely girl... silly as a 2-bob watch just like any other 6 month old pup, but very smoochy with people. Very leery about other dogs in her own size range or larger. Wasn't overly fazed at any of the loose smaller dogs at the rescue - but none of them actively approached her either.

She has a healing scab/scratch on her head that may have been caused by another dog? Only going by her reaction to my dogs approaching her for this supposition - she also could have got it running through a farm fence or a bush branch scratching her there. There are no other injuries fresh or old.

At the moment I'm calling her Loopy Lollylegs or Loopy Lu - seriously, she has legs any dancer or runner would be proud of... lol!

T.

If she came from a country pound she may some pigging mix in her, mastiff or something like that. My last foster came from West Wyalong pound and we think he was greyhound X staghound. He looked very greyhoundish but had a big head, feet and a thicker tail. See quite a few greyhound crosses out west. Love her brindle colouring, I love the brindles.

She seems to like being called Loopy Lu... haha!

Just had her out in the yard with Zeddy. Zeddy is pretty laid back with new arrivals, has a sniff and then does her own thing. We can definitely call it a success - Lu and Zeddy shared the back yard fine while I was doing the poo patrol - and Lu even tried to initiate play with Zeddy.

Pickles is going to be a different story methinks - she's a bit of a pushy bitch and thinks she is the top dog. Lu might also be a bit big to play with Pickles, who likes to play rough, but has her mobility issues to contend with. Also because she has erratic movement, it can confuse some other dogs because they have difficulty reading her body language.

T.