Urgent Help Please

esky

Hi all,

All info is in another thread in General Topics titled "Can I ask for Prayers" but what I need is some urgent help or advice pls.

My little girl isn't doing well with heart failure & requires oxygen (haven't been able to wean her off supplemental oxygen). I can't bear to not bring her home if she doesn't improve in the next few hours even so I can just say my goodbyes here instead of at the vets (I have had to do this recently & can't do it there again.

Without going into lengthy details, we have tried everywhere to hire an oxygen bottle, regulator & hunidifier just for one night to bring her home but no-one can help. We can get an oxygen bottle but no regulator/humidifier.

Does anyone know where we can get something please? Have rung vets, emergency vets, gas suppliers etc already. We are in Newcastle but can get help with transport if help can come from Sydney.

I can't believe that there seems to be no option for a person who wants there pet to come home even for an hour to be able to stay on oxygen for their comfort.

Thanks

I don't know if this helps:

http://www.ilsau.com.au/respiratory

Good luck and hugs :(

Ditto. Also you could try http://www.aidacare.com.au/hr/homepage.aspx# - but skirt around the fact it's for a dog.

Also think about trying a local hospital or aged care facility. They may have some old equipment that would do fine that they are only too pleased to get rid of.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on. :)

I realise that this is very painful for you, but try to take a step back and think about about what is best for your dog. Is is really in her best interest to bring her home for a night then have to take her back to be pts, when you could make the selfless decision earlier and release her from her suffering at the vets? The option to euthanise our animals to stop them suffering further is the ultimate gift of love to them, no matter how much it hurts us to do it.

I realise that this is very painful for you, but try to take a step back and think about about what is best for your dog. Is is really in her best interest to bring her home for a night then have to take her back to be pts, when you could make the selfless decision earlier and release her from her suffering at the vets? The option to euthanise our animals to stop them suffering further is the ultimate gift of love to

them, no matter how much it hurts us to do it.

Yes, agree with the above post.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, it would be distressing, but more so for your dog. Let the vets make her comfortable, and then give her lots of cuddles and let her go.

I understand your concerns & I posted in the other section also in regards to these concerns. I will not any way ever cause undue stress on my dogs. All I want is to bring her the 10 mins home to say goodbye here when my vet comes. Of course, if it is required, I will stay at the vets. It is not to keep her going here overnight without care at all. If my vet says she may make it with another 24hrs, she will be going straight back to emergency. This is only if he says nothing more can be done.

I had to transport her in my car with the supplied oxygen bottle to get her from the emergency vets to my regular vets this morning on my own, so am not sure what the difference is asking for a bottle to transport her the same 10 mins from there to home.

I feel for you but people have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get home oxygen, it is not easy. I understand you want your girl at home but really the setting doesn't matter. You are spending all this time and angst on getting the oxygen, and whilst you might want to say goodbye at home to Penny it wouldn't really matter to her. She will know she was loved regardless.