Urgent Help Please

esky

Hi all,

All info is in another thread here titled "Can I ask for Prayers" but what I need is some urgent help or advice pls.

My little girl isn't doing well with heart failure & requires oxygen (haven't been able to wean her off supplemental oxygen). I can't bear to not bring her home if she doesn't improve in the next few hours even so I can just say my goodbyes here instead of at the vets (I have had to do this recently & can't do it there again.

Without going into lengthy details, we have tried everywhere to hire an oxygen bottle, regulator & hunidifier just for one night to bring her home but no-one can help. We can get an oxygen bottle but no regulator/humidifier.

Does anyone know where we can get something please? Have rung vets, emergency vets, gas suppliers etc already. We are in Newcastle but can get help with transport if help can come from Sydney.

I can't believe that there seems to be no option for a person who wants there pet to come home even for an hour to be able to stay on oxygen for their comfort.

Thanks

Haven't rung Sydney vets yet as it will be a 2 hr trip each way to get it for us & I don't want to leave being close by to her. Our kind offer of help wouldn't be able to get it to us till late tonight & we may have to choose what to do when my vets shut at 6.30pm so there will be too much of a gap without it.

I do thank you for the idea & will certainly phone them in case.

esky I can not help but I lost my little pom cross last Semptember to something very similiar and out of the blue since yesterday I have become absolutely heartsick and lost remembering losing her the way I did. My heart is broken for you and I hope you get the time you need with her, I didn't and that is a pain I will carry with me always

Thank you everyone.........I am so distressed right now.

I cannot believe any possible sources so far can't help us. Excuses are they don't deal with pets only humans, insurance reasons, can take whole oxygen bottle home but not regulator due to indemnity etc etc etc

If I can get through this, I am seriously going to think how I can change this so others don't have to suffer with what I am going through just to bring their babies home for a short time.

I can't understand how humans can get take home oxygen yet we can't for our furbabies??????

Esky, I'm hoping you don't take this badly but I think you need to consider this course of action very carefully.

Your girl is dying. I know you know that but if you don't want her to suffer unduly, she needs not to be stressed by being transported and she may need veterinary support - possibly quite a bit - at the end.

I think you need to focus on what is best for her. Frankly I think what is best for you is that she goes peacefully to the bridge - assisted by a vet if required.

You don't want to be in the position of making this harder for her than it has to be.

Believe me, I feel your pain but do what is best for her and keep her where she is. :hug:

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Esky .. can the vet help you at least settle her on her favourite bed in your car ? She will be surrounded there by smells of her family - be warm, and you can cuddle her and love her to ease her on her way .

neither of you need extra stress now ...

Take care

:pray:

Please don't think I am in any way wanting to hurt my girl or prolongue the enevitable.

I merely want to transport her 10 mins back home & of course have the vet come out.

I was given my baby & an oxygen bottle etc to transport her the same 10 mins from the emergency vet this morning to my regular vet (I was driving alone) so can't understand why I can't just do the same to home to say goodbye?

I will also add my husband is fully qualified in working with oxygen etc through his work.

I hope I haven't upset anyone by bringing this up or have anyone think I won't do the right thing by Penny.